WiseGuyReports.com adds new report on “MediPoint: Hernia Repair - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts” of 277 pages with table and figures on its research store.
According to report “MediPoint: Hernia Repair - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts”, the overall US hernia repair market was valued at approximately $875 million in 2014, and is expected to rise to approximately $1.2 billion by 2021, at a moderate Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 4%. Although there will be substantial changes across the global hernia repair space by 2021 as the new laparoscopic technique grows in popularity, the US will sustain its steady domination of the market due to its superior treatment rates.
GlobalData states that the UK hernia repair market was valued at $85 million in 2014 and it will increase to $124 million by 2021, representing a CAGR of 5.5%. Furthermore, Brazil’s overall hernia repair market was valued at $46 million in 2014, and will increase to $71 million by 2021, with a high CAGR of 6.5%. The research analyst covering Medical Devices says that while developing economies are growing rapidly across the incisional, umbilical, femoral and inguinal hernia repair markets due to their large population bases, it may take some time for these countries to catch up with the US in treatment rates. The US has a higher adoption of expensive meshes in general, and procedure volume will go up by 1% annually. For example, the majority of umbilical hernia repairs are performed with composite meshes, which contribute to a higher market valuation.
The increase in the Brazilian market value is being driven by the immense growth in the incisional hernia market and the increased use of 3D, composite, and biologic meshes will also play a part. While hernia repair markets in some other countries are much more modest in size, they will expand more rapidly than the US during the forecast period.
Order a Purchase Copy of this report @ https://www.wiseguyreports.com/checkout?currency=one_user-USD&report_id=371749 .
This report provides analysis of the hernia repair space across the 10 major markets of the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Brazil, China and India, including annualized market data from 2014 and forecast until 2021. It discusses current and future trends towards different mesh types, procedure volumes for different hernia indications, and how the laparoscopic approach will grow in coming years.
Company Profiles include in this report are:
- AMI: Agency for Medical Innovation
- Aspide Medical
- Assut Europe
- Atrium Medical
- B. Braun Surgical
- Cook Medical
- Cousin Biotech
- C. R. Bard
- FEG Textiltechnik mbH
- Proxy Biomedical
- TEI Biosciences
- W. L. Gore & Associates
Hernia is a term used to describe the protrusion of an internal organ or tissue through a weak portion of a muscle or connective tissue. The majority of hernias occur in the abdomen, where they are caused by a combination of increased abdominal pressure and a weakness in a particular portion of the abdomen (which is often present at birth). Certain conditions such as obesity and persistent coughing can cause an increase in intra-abdominal pressure and contribute to hernia development.
The advancement of hernia repair has been hallmarked by three significant shifts in surgical treatment. The first was the transition from the “tension” techniques, which involved the use of sutures to tie adjacent tissue layers together, to a “tension-free” technique that incorporated flat sheets of mesh to bridge the defect. The second transition was the overwhelming adoption of large pore meshes in replacement of small pore meshes. Both shifts were prompted by improvements in patient outcomes. The third transition is currently underway as surgeons adopt the laparoscopic technique over the standard open technique.
Check Discount on this Report @ https://www.wiseguyreports.com/check_discount/medipoint-hernia-repair-global-analysis-and-market-forecasts .
Key Questions Answered
- What are the procedure volumes for different hernia indications in different countries? How will the volumes change in the next a few years?
- Growth in the hernia repair market lies with an increasing adoption in laparoscopic procedures. What are the current adoption trends in different geographies? How will laparoscopic approach grow in the upcoming years?
- Large pore synthetic mesh has been the mainstream product for years but latest products such as composite and biologic meshes are receiving increasing attention from surgeons. What are the current adoption trends towards different mesh types in different geographies? How will the adoption trends shift in the near future?
- There are various hernia mesh types and different mesh companies have a different strategic product focus. Who are the leading players in the hernia repair market in different countries?
Reasons to buy
- “What Do Physicians Think” quotes provide a unique insight into how healthcare professionals are reacting to events within the industry, and what their responses could mean for industry strategists. This information is essential for all strategic decision makers in every organization allowing them to act on high quality information.
P: +44 208 133 9349
M: +1 646 845 9349