The South American Nuclear Imaging Market has been estimated to be valued at USD XX billion for the year 2015 and is projected to reach USD XX million by 2020 at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period 2015 to 2020. Nuclear imaging is a technique that uses low doses of radioactive substances for diagnosis and treatment of a disease. The two major techniques of nuclear imaging used are PET (positron emission tomography) and SPECT (single photon emission computed tomography) scan. The emerging market trend is fusion of nuclear imaging with different diagnostic imaging products such as PET/CT, SPECT/CT, and MRI/PET. PET market is expected to witness more growth compared to SPECT imaging as it provides higher resolution images and the lack of availability of technetium-99m is propelling industry to look for alternative diagnostic procedures.
Nuclear imaging technique is applied in the fields of oncology, cardiology, lymphoma, thyroid, neurology and others. PET is majorly being used in oncology because of good quality of imaging. While, SPECT is majorly used in cardiology segment accounting for almost 90% of the market share in cardiology.
The increasing incidence and prevalence of Cancer and cardiac Ailments, increasing demand for SPECT and PET, improving advancements in the technology and growing awareness amongst physicians and public are major driving factors for the growth of the market. Integration of X ray tomography (CT) into SPECT/PET fuels the market growth. However, some of the major constrains for the market are shorter half- life of radioisotopes, high capital investment, regulatory guidelines and reimbursement issues.
The South American Nuclear Imaging Market is segmented based on the type of radioisotopes which includes radioisotopes for diagnostic purpose. Diagnostic radioisotope segment is sub-divided into SPECT isotopes (Technetium-99m (TC-99m), Thallium-201 (TL-201), Iodine (I-123) and Gallium) and PET radioisotopes (Fluorine-18, Rubidium-82 (RB-82)). Based on geography, the market is segmented into Brazil, Argentina and Others.
Many players in this market are trying to expand their product portfolio in order to top the global market. While few companies are entering into the market by acquisitions, top companies are expanding their growth in this market by acquiring other companies. Few companies adopted product innovation and new product launches as its key business strategy to ensure its dominance in this market. Major players in the market are GE Healthcare, Hologic Inc., Medix Inc., Naviscan Inc., Positron Corporation, Segami Corporation, Siemens Healthcare, Gamma Medica Inc. and Cardiarc Ltd.
Key Deliverables in the Study
1. Market analysis for the South American Nuclear Imaging Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales
2. Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
5. Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the South American Nuclear Imaging Market on both global and regional scales
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
7. A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
8. Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped
ENQUIRE FOR DISCOUNT @ Recent Research into the South America Nuclear Imaging Market - Growth, Trends And Forecasts (2015 – 2020) shared in new report
Review and Forecast Period Years
General Study Assumptions
Econometric Forecast Model
Market Overview and Industry Trends
Current Market Scenario
Applications of Nuclear Imaging
Industry Value-Chain Analysis
Product Life-Cycle Analysis
Porter’s Five Forces
Bargaining Power of Suppliers
Bargaining Power of Consumers
Threat of New Entrants
Threat of Substitute Products and Services
Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, and Challenges Analysis (DROC)
Rising incidence and prevalence of Cancer and cardiac Ailments
Increasing demand for SPECT and PET
Advancements in the technology
Growing awareness amongst physicians and public
Integration of X ray tomography (CT) into SPECT/PET
Shorter half- life of radioisotopes
High capital investment
Current Opportunities in the Market
By type of Radioisotopes
Merger and Acquisition Analysis
New Product Launches
Agreements, Collaborations & Partnerships
9. Company Profiles
Gamma Medica Inc.
Analyst Outlook for Investment Opportunities
Future Outlook of the Market
P: +44 208 133 9349
M: +1 646 845 9349