. The global precision medicine market is expected to reach close to $40 billion by 2016 gradually growing at an estimated CAGR of 9% by 2020. Precision medicine, a combination of molecular biology techniques and systems biology is an emerging approach for disease treatment and prevention. The market growth for this approach is gaining speed as it is mainly used to develop drugs and vaccines taking into account individual variability in genes, environment, and lifestyle for each person.
The segmentation of the market for precision medicine is done based on Technology (Big data analytics, Bioinformatics, Gene sequencing, Drug discovery, Companion diagnostics and others), Application (Oncology, CNS, Immunology, Respiratory and others) and Geographical regions (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East).
Oncology precision medicine has the largest market share as the number of cancer patients are increasing every year with high demand for advanced technologies. Patient diagnosed with cancer in 2004 would have had only a 10% chance of obtaining the right treatment for the disease as compared to a 70-80% chance of getting the right treatment today. While North America takes the top position in the precision medicine market, Europe and rest of the world is continuing to contribute to the revenues of this market at a greater pace.
The major key player for this market are Biocrates Life Sciences, Nanostring Technologies, Tepnel Pharma Services, Intomics, Ferrer InCode, Covance, Silicon Biosystems (now part of Menarini Group), Pfizer, Eagle Genomics, Source Precision Medicine, Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings, Medtronics, Novartis, Qiagen, Quest Diagnostics, Roche Holding, Teva Pharmaceuticals and others.
Incidence of Online Collaborative Forums, Increasing efforts to characterize genes, Advancement in cancer Biology are the main driving factors for this market.
Perils of data sharing, reduced pharmaceutical market, declining trends in FDA pharmacotherapy approval rate are the main restraints for this market.
What the report offers
1. Market Definition for the Global precision medicine Market along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2. Market analysis for the Global precision medicine Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5. Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Global precision medicine market on both global and regional scale.
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
ENQUIRE FOR DISCOUNT @ Recent Research into the Precision Medicine Market- Industry Assessment, Analysis and Forecast (2015 – 2020) shared in new report
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Sizing Units
1.4 Base Currency
1.5 Review and Forecast Period Years
1.6 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Econometric Forecast Model
2.4 Research Assumptions
3. Executive Summary
4. Key Inferences
5. Market Overview and Industry Trends
5.1 Current Market Scenario
5.2 Technology Overview
5.3 New Developments
5.4 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
5.5 Product Life-Cycle Analysis
5.6 Product Benchmarking
5.7 Investment Analysis
5.8 Porter’s Five Forces
5.8.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.8.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
5.8.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.8.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
5.8.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
6. Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, and Challenges Analysis (DROC)
6.1 Market Drivers
6.1.1 Incidence of Online Collaborative Forums
6.1.2 Increasing efforts to characterize genes
6.1.3 Advancement in cancer Biology
6.2 Market Restraints
6.2.1 Perils of data Sharing
6.2.2 Reduced Pharmaceutical market
6.2.3 Declining Trends in FDA Pharmacotherapy Approval rate
6.3 Key Challenges
6.4 Current Opportunities in the Market
7. Market Segmentation
7.1 By Technology
7.1.1 Companion Animal health
22.214.171.124 Big Data Analytics
126.96.36.199 Gene Sequencing
188.8.131.52 Drug Discovery
184.108.40.206 Companion Diagnostics
7.2 By Application
7.3 By Geography
7.3.1 North America (NA)
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 Spain & Portugal
7.3.3 Asia-Pacific (APAC)
22.214.171.124 Australia & New Zealand
126.96.36.199 South Korea
7.3.4 Middle-East and Africa (MEA)
7.3.5 Latin America
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
8.2 New Product Launches
8.3 Agreements, Collaborations & Partnerships
9. Key Vendor Analysis
9.1 Biocrates Life Sciences
9.2 Nanostring Technologies
9.3 Tepnel Pharma Services
9.5 Ferrer InCode
9.7 Silicon Biosystems
9.9 Eagle Genomics
9.10 Source Precision Medicine
9.11 Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings
9.15 Quest Diagnostics
9.16 Roche Holding
9.17 Teva Pharmaceuticals
10. Analyst Outlook for Investment Opportunities
11. Future Outlook of the Market
P: +44 208 133 9349
M: +1 646 845 9349