European genetic testing market has been estimated to be USD 2.3 billion in 2015 and is projected to reach USD 6.7 billion annually by 2020 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.6% during the forecast period 2015 to 2020.
Genetic testing is the analysis of chromosomes, DNA, RNA, genes or proteins to predict the risk of diseases, identify carriers of diseases and diagnose the disease or determine the likely course of a disease. Genetic testing is the most rapidly expanding segment of the worldwide molecular diagnostics market. The transformation of genetic testing from being a service-driven market to a product-driven market is expected to provide an impetus to the diagnostic companies for the expansion of their operations.
Genetic testing has become quite prevalent in Europe over the last few years with recent developments in molecular medicine and is expected to provide further impetus to this critical area. The European Commission has recognized certain salient topics involving genetic testing that need further clarity, which include regional distribution of genetic services, suggestions for the rationalization of services, methods for improving national accreditation of genetic laboratories, long-term organization of external quality assessment, validation of next generation sequencing platforms and applications, perspectives on direct-to-consumer genetic testing.
The genetic testing market’s growth is driven by increase in the genetic tests pipeline, early confirmation of genetic disorders, increasing incidence of diseases such as cancer, aging population and higher life expectancy. The technical advances, growing public awareness and demand for personalized medicine are the key factors that drive this market. The growing incidence of genetic diseases unravels new opportunities for genetic testing. However, high cost of genetic testing technologies remains as a key challenge for market growth.
The segmentation of the market for Genetic Testing is done based on Type (Carrier testing, diagnostic testing, new born screening, predictive and pre-symptomatic testing, and prenatal testing) and geographical terrains (France, UK, Germany, Italy and Spain). While Germany accounts for the largest share of the genetic testing market in Europe, the demand for these tests is likely to be the fastest growing in the United Kingdom during 2015-2020. In terms of the segment, demand for newborn screening in Europe is the largest as well as the fastest growing segment.
The major players in this market are Abbott Molecular, Biocartis SA., Celera Group, Cepheid, Genentech, Inc., IntegraGen S.A, Luminex Corporation, Qiagen N.V., Roche Diagnostics Limited, Transgenomic, Inc., among others.
Key Deliverables in the Study
1. Market analysis for the European genetic testing market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales
2. Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
5. Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the European genetic testing market on both global and regional scales
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
7. A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
8. Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Sizing Units
1.4 Base Currency
1.5 Review and Forecast Period Years
1.6 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Econometric Forecast Model
3.3 Research Assumptions
3. Executive Summary
4. Key Inferences
5. Market Overview and Industry Trends
5.1 Current Market Scenario
5.2 Applications of Genetic Testing
5.3 Technology Overview
5.4 New Developments
5.5 Investment Analysis
5.6 Porter’s Five Forces
5.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
5.6.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
5.6.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
6. Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, and Challenges Analysis (DROC)
6.1 Market Drivers
6.1.1 Increase in the genetic tests pipeline
6.1.2 Early confirmation of genetic disorders
6.1.3 Increasing incidence of diseases such as cancer
6.1.4 Aging population and higher life expectancy
6.2 Market Restraints
6.2.1 High cost of genetic testing technologies
6.3 Key Challenges
6.4 Current Opportunities in the Market
6.4.1 Growing incidence of genetic diseases
7. Market Segmentation
7.1 By Type
7.1.1 Carrier testing
7.1.2 Diagnostic testing
7.1.3 New born screening
7.1.4 Predictive and pre-symptomatic testing
7.1.5 Prenatal testing
7.4 By geography
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
8.2 New Product Launches
8.5 Market Share Analysis
8.6 Price Value Analysis
9. Company Profiles
9.1 Abbott Molecular
9.2 Biocartis SA
9.3 Celera Group
9.5 Genentech, Inc.
9.9 IntegraGen S.A
9.7 Luminex Corporation
9.8 Qiagen N.V.
9.9 Roche Diagnostics Limited
9.10 Transgenomic, Inc.
10. Analyst Outlook for Investment Opportunities
11. Future Outlook of the Market
P: +44 208 133 9349
M: +1 646 845 9349