ACCESS REPORT @ New Report Available: Global Lignin Products Market
Lignin is an attractive raw material for value-added product development. It is a polyaromatic macromolecule thought to be a petroleum progenitor with a reported worldwide production of approximately 100 million tons/year. Demand for lignosulphonate has been growing at around 1.4% per year, and generally varies in line with overall economic growth. The largest markets for lignosulphonate worldwide are USA, Western Europe, China and Central and Eastern Europe.
The global animal feed additives industry is expected to grow at the CAGR of around 4% during 2014-2020. This increasing demand for animal feed is expected to drive the lignin market from 2015 to 2020.
Isolated lignin is currently used in a wide range of low volume, niche applications where the form but not the quality is important. Solubility of the lignin in water is an important requirement for these applications and when chemically modified to become water soluble, the lignin product is known as a lignosulphonate. Around 67.5% of world consumption of lignosulphonate in 2008 was for dispersant applications followed by binder and adhesive applications at 32.5%. Major end-use markets include construction, mining, animal feeds and agriculture.
The total worldwide kraft pulp production is 130 million tonne/yr. There is an estimated 70 million tonnes of lignin available from pulping processes worldwide, but much of this is not isolated but burned onsite to provide steam for heat and power production. The global production of isolated lignin for lignosulphonate production is currently around 1.3 million tonnes. The market is mature and growing slowly. 1 million tonnes is derived from the acid sulphite pulping process. The remaining 100,000 tonnes is derived from the kraft pulping process.
Lignin is predominately burnt in a chemical recovery process where it is an integral part of the paper and board manufacturing industries. As a result, less than 2% of the available lignin is isolated and sold, primarily in the formulation of dispersants, adhesives and surfactants. However, lignin-based product development is essential under the bio-refinery concept; i) aging pulp and paper mills need to diversify their products portfolio to maintain existence; and ii) emerging biofuel/bioenergy technologies need to develop value-added co-products from lignin and bio-oil as a means of making the processes more cost effective.
Globally, lignin market was highly concentrated, with top ten players accounting for over 90% share of the global market in 2014. The lignin market is highly concentrated, with top five players accounting for more than 85% share of the global market in 2014. Key players operating in the lignin market include Borregaard LignoTech, MeadWestvaco Corporation, Tembec Inc., Domtar Corporation, Domsjö Fabriker AB, Changzhou Shanfeng Chemical Industry Co. Ltd, Nippon Paper Industries Co. Ltd., UPM-Kymmene Corporation, Aditya Birla Chemicals, Asian Lignin Manufacturing Pvt. Ltd., Green Value, Guangdong Jiangmen Ganhua Co. Ltd., Lignol Energy Corporation, Liquid Lignin Company LLC, Mead-Westvaco (MWV), Northway Lignin Chemical and The Dallas Group of America, Inc.
Key Deliverables in the Study
1. Market analysis for the Global Lignin Product Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales
2. Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
5. Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Global Lignin Product market on both global and regional scales
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
7. A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
8. Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped
ENQUIRE FOR DISCOUNT @ New Report Available: Global Lignin Products Market
KNOW MORE WITH SAMPLE REPORT @ New Report Available: Global Lignin Products Market
+1 646 845 9349 / +44 208 133 9349
P: +44 208 133 9349
M: +1 646 845 9349