MILWAUKEE, WI -- (Marketwired) -- Feb 24, 2016 -- With nearly 70 percent* of travelers looking to try a new destination and many travelers planning to substantially increase their travel budgets, consumers have their sights set on exciting travel plans in 2016. Just in time for the busy spring travel season, Master Lock -- the leading manufacturer of safety and security products -- is providing strategies to help travelers in North America stay safe and secure.
"It's important to dedicate the same level of detail that goes into planning a wonderful trip to keeping your belongings safe while you travel," said Rebecca Smith, vice president, marketing for Master Lock. "Master Lock wants to make the process as easy as possible and we are committed to providing reliable, convenient security products to meet the needs of today's traveler."
As travelers embark on their journeys, Master Lock offers five security tips for everything worth protecting while vacationing:
1. Pack Smart and Secure - Avoid over-packing by checking the weather forecast for your destination in advance and packing accordingly. Also, keep your luggage protected with on-the-go security products such as TSA-accepted luggage locks like the Master Lock 4688D or the 4680DBLK. These affordable and reliable solutions keep your valuables protected whether you're checking bags at the airport while en route to your destination, or upon arrival and storing valuables in your luggage in your hotel room.
2. Prepare for the Unexpected - If you are traveling by car, have your vehicle examined beforehand and stock up on emergency supplies such as blankets, bottled water, snacks, flashlights and jumper cables. Ensure your tires have good tread, are properly inflated and make sure you can locate your spare. Be aware of road conditions before leaving the house and plan accordingly.
3. Tap into Technology - With new apps geared toward travelers, getting to your destination and enjoying your surroundings upon arrival is easier than ever. There are apps that offer real-time travel advice personalized to your exact location, weather conditions and interests along with direction-related apps that offer tips on traffic, road conditions and construction. You can also securely store copies of travel documents, health records and passports through the Master Lock Vault app for convenient 24/7 access.
4. Enjoy the Elements Worry-Free - For less than $30, portable safes like the SentrySafe Small Portable Combination Safe or Master Lock SafeSpace Portable Personal Safe offer peace of mind and keep your cell phone, money, keys, jewelry, credit cards and other small valuables locked and secure while you take a walk on the beach, dip into the pool or enjoy an adventure of any kind. The compact and versatile safes feature a durable cable, which can be wrapped securely around a fixed object or serve as a carrying handle.
5. Limit Social Media - While it's appealing to share details of your vacation via social networks, this could make you a target for cyber-savvy burglars. Publically posting the dates of your trip or sharing check-ins and photos tagging your location creates a security risk to your home. Instead of posting in real-time, capture moments and photos and share via one photo album or video once you return from your trip.
Beyond the spring travel season, Master Lock will continue to provide educational information and security solutions for everything worth protecting throughout the year. For more information, safety tips and solutions, please visit the Master Lock website at www.masterlock.com or the Master Lock Facebook page at www.facebook.com/masterlock.
About Master Lock
The Master Lock Company is recognized around the world as the authentic, enduring name in padlocks and security products. Master Lock Company offers a broad range of innovative security and safety solutions for consumer, commercial, and industrial end-users. Master Lock Company LLC is an operating unit of Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc., a leading consumer brands company. Headquartered in Deerfield, Ill., Fortune Brands Home & Security Inc. (NYSE: FBHS), is included in the S&P MidCap 400 Index. For more information about Master Lock visit www.masterlock.com.
*According to an October 2015 TripBarometer study of 44,782 consumers conducted by TripAdvisor via Ipsos, a global research firm.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2966627
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2968776
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2966633
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2968784
Contact: Amanda Nagele 630.916.3031 [email protected]
NewsMaker is an Australian Press Release Distribution and Social Media Marketing service founded in 2004. The company today represents over 22,000 brands who seek to share their content with journalists, bloggers and the community.
P: +61 414 69 70 71