Microsoft reveals new ways to play that are fun and easy for
Sydney, Australia – June 15th – Get ready to Kinect to fun entertainment for everyone. Microsoft Corp. today capped off a two-day world premiere in Los Angeles, complete with celebrities, stunning physical dexterity and news from a galaxy far, far away, to reveal experiences that will transform living rooms in North America, beginning November 4th and will roll out to Australia and the rest of the world thereafter.
Opening with a magical Cirque du Soleil performance on Sunday night attended by Hollywood’s freshest faces, Microsoft gave the transformation of home entertainment a name: Kinect for Xbox 360. Then, kicking off the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), Xbox 360 today invited the world to dance, hurdle, soar and make furry friends for life — all through the magic of Kinect — no controller required.
“With ‘Kinectamals*’ and ‘Kinect Sports*’, ‘Your Shape™: Fitness Evolved*’ and ‘Dance Central™*’, your living room will become a zoo, a stadium, a fitness room or a dance club. You will be in the centre of your entertainment, using the best controller ever made — you,” said Kudo Tsunoda, creative director for Microsoft Game Studios.
Microsoft and LucasArts also announced that they will bring Star Wars® to Kinect in 2011. And, sprinkling a little fairy dust on Xbox 360, Disney will bring its magic as well.
“Xbox LIVE is about making it simple to find the entertainment you want, with the friends you care about, wherever you are. Kinect is about making that experience more natural and engaging than ever before, “ said Marc Whitten, corporate vice president of Xbox LIVE. “Once you experience your movies and games with Xbox LIVE and Kinect, you won’t ever want to go back.”
Using Kinect is as simple as stepping in front of the sensor. It recognises you, responds to your gestures, listens to your voice, and, best of all, it works with every Xbox 360.1
A little less conversation, a little more action
Declaring “the time for talk is over,” Tsunoda unveiled eight hurdling, running, dancing, driving and soaring Kinect games:
(Frontier Studio, Microsoft Game Studios). A wide-eyed Bengal Tiger
cub cocks its head to the side and playfully peers at you. Memories
of your first trip to the zoo come rushing back.
“Kinectimals” invites children, their parents and
animal lovers of all ages to build lasting friendships with some of
the world’s most exotic creatures. Just like real pets, your
“Kinectimal” will come running when they hear your
voice, respond to commands like “jump,”
“roll-over” and “play dead,” and purr with
joy when you scratch them behind the ears.
• “Your Shape ™: Fitness Evolved (*) (Ubisoft): Get the most out of Kinect with “Your Shape™: Fitness Evolved.” Unlike other games, the proprietary Player Projection technology of “Your Shape™: Fitness Evolved” puts your body into the game for the ultimate experience. You’ll physically interact with virtual environments in ways you’ve never seen before and you’ll be captivated by unique and exciting visual effects that respond to your movement and impact. Burn calories your way – choose a personal trainer to help you meet your specific fitness goals, take a yoga or Martial Arts class, or play fun family-friendly mini-games. As you exercise, you’ll receive specific feedback on your every move, thanks to the game's real-time precise tracking system. You won’t notice how hard you’re working until you see the results!
• “ Kinect Joy Ride ” (*) (Big Park, Microsoft Game Studios). 3…2…1…Go! “Kinect Joy Ride,” the controller-free racing game, will take you and your friends on the ride of your lives – no drivers license required. “Kinect Joy Ride” reinvents driving and Kart racing by adding massive jumps and full body stunts to the classic Kart racing action. With a host of cool features and game modes you can take off for the ride of your life by yourself or pick up a co-pilot or team up with your friends and family to take on the world.
• “ Kinect Sports ” (*) (Rare, Microsoft Game Studios). Turn your living room into a world-class stadium, bowling alley, soccer pitch, or arena. With “Kinect Sports” you’re not only the star player; you are the controller -- through the magic of Kinect for Xbox 360. See a ball? Kick it. Spike it. Even give it a little top spin. “Kinect Sports” features soccer, beach volleyball, bowling, table tennis, boxing and multiple track and field events.
• “ Kinect Adventures ” (*) (Microsoft Game Studios). Float in outer space. Experience the thrill of roaring rapids. Tackle mountaintop obstacle courses. And dive into the deep to explore a leaky underwater observatory – all from your living room. With “Kinect Adventures,” you are the controller as you jump, dodge and kick your way through exciting adventures set in a variety of exotic locations.
• “ Dance Central ” (*) (MTV Games): “Dance Central” is the first full-body, controller-free dance video game with fun choreography for beginners and experts. The magic of Kinect allows you to experience real dance with your friends and family while connecting with the music you love! Throughout these two game modes, you’ll be introduced to some of the over 600 moves in the game. Featuring more than 30 tracks from hot artists including Lady Gaga, No Doubt, M.I.A., Bel Biv Devoe, and more, you’ll master more than 90 dance routines all created by professional choreographers.
• Also coming to Kinect this Christmas are titles representing the top names in the gaming industry including: “EA SPORTS Active™ 2*” (EA SPORTS), “DECA SPORTS FREEDOM*” (Hudson Entertainment), “Dance Masters*” (Konami), “Adrenalin Misfits*” (Konami), “Zumba Fitness*”® (Majesco), “Sonic Free Riders*”™ (SEGA), “The Biggest Loser: Ultimate Workout*” (THQ), “Motion Sports*” (Ubisoft), and “Game Party™: In Motion*” (Warner Bros. Interactive). Further exciting Kinect game experiences will be revealed by publishing partners in the near future.
Offering so much more than just games, Xbox 360 takes your entertainment takes your entertainment to the next level. Beginning this holiday, the Kinect Hub puts your favourite movies all in one place — completely controller free.
Jump right into a movie in instant-on HD in 1080p by simply saying “Xbox, play,” Kinect also creates new ways for friends and family to have fun together.
With Video Kinect2, share a smile with distant friends and
family as you open a window into living rooms around the world.
Providing entertainment for everyone, with the power of Kinect, the
Xbox LIVE experience is more intuitive, social and interactive than
# # #
Should you have any questions or comments please contact:
Danny Wong, Pulse Communications: (02) 8281 3826 / [email protected]
1 175MB of memory required.
2Xbox LIVE Gold membership required for Video “Kinect”.
* Check the Classification closer to launch date
Xbox 360 is a premier home entertainment and video game system. This holiday, with the addition of Kinect, Xbox 360 will transform social gaming and entertainment with a whole new way to play — no controller required. Xbox 360 is also home to some of the best and broadest games as well as a large on-demand library of standard- and high-definition movies, and digital games, all in one place. The entertainment centre of the living room, Xbox 360 blends fantastic content with an online social network of 25 million Xbox LIVE members to create a brilliant entertainment experience that can be shared at home or across the globe. More information about Xbox 360 can be found online at http://www.xbox.com/en-au/
Danny Wong, Pulse Communications
P: (02) 8281 3826
Xbox LIVE is the online entertainment service for your Xbox 360, connecting you to an ever-expanding world of games, movies, TV, music, sports and social entertainment. With an active community of 25 million people across 35 countries, Xbox LIVE lets you play games, and share the fun with friends around the world. Xbox LIVE is also the exclusive home of controller-free online entertainment through Kinect, making your Xbox 360 more intuitive and interactive than ever before. With Xbox LIVE and Xbox 360, you have instant access to the entertainment you want, shared with the people you care about, wherever you are. More information about Xbox LIVE and services for your country can be found online at http://www.xbox.com/en-AU/live/
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realise their full potential. Xbox 360, the Xbox 360 logo, Xbox LIVE are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.
Danny Wong, Pulse Communications
P: (02) 8281 3826