LandCorp senior project manager Sergio Famiano said the infill project is transforming 15ha of land and will provide housing for up to 2,000 people plus 9,500sqm of retail and commercial space.
“We have worked with stakeholders and the local residents to plan a well laid out community that retains its local appeal,” Mr Famiano said.
“Designed to encourage outdoor activity and interaction, Mandurah Junction will see the creation of exciting facilities such as community gardens, interactive public art as well as support a wide variety of community events and activities over time” he said.
“With a large portion of the site designated for public open space, the estate will be supported by a network of footpaths to enable people to walk or ride their bikes between the train station and the beach and city centre.
“Additional paths, a raised boardwalk, wider pavements and shade structures will facilitate plenty of walking and cycling activity.”
LandCorp has appointed two local building companies to deliver a fresh range of house and land packages at Mandurah Junction. Eligible purchasers will also receive a $36,000 rebate from the Australian Government’s Housing Affordability Fund and first homebuyers will also receive an additional $7,000 first home buyers’ grant.
“A range of exciting new homes by Impressions the Home Builder and Nicheliving are well suited for first homebuyers, families and singles and the generous rebate packages will help deliver greater affordable living choices,” Mr Famiano said.
Impressions The Home Builder is offering single and double storey homes, from only $261,822 (after the HAF rebate), featuring a combination of two- or three-bedrooms, two bathrooms and separate WC and laundry.
“Our house and land packages provide first home buyers with the perfect opportunity to enter the property market,” Impressions’ general manager Laurie Baker said.
“These affordable packages offer great inclusions at an exceptional price and provide a quality lifestyle.”
Nicheliving will offer three bedroom, two bathroom homes from $236,117 (after HAF rebate) and give buyers the choice of front elevations and materials to provide a sense of individuality. The company is offering single and double storey designs by award winning architects Zuideveld Marchant Hur featuring open plan, low maintenance homes with a choice of interior designed selections.
“We have created a truly world class design solution to optimise each of our allocated lots at Mandurah Junction with contemporary yet timeless energy efficient designs,” Nicheliving sales and marketing director Ronnie Elhaj said.
Civil works for Mandurah Junction are underway and expected to be completed in October 2012. Landscaping for the project will be completed in late January 2013, creating community-friendly central parkland for Mandurah’s newest community.
Please see Ministerial media statement of Saturday, 11 August 2012 at www.mediastatements.wa.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx?ItemId=150786&
For further information visit mandurahjunction.com.au
Media contact LandCorp: Felicity Carlin - 9482 7492
About Mandurah Junction
• Mandurah Junction, 70 kilometres south of Perth, is taking shape to deliver affordable living choices.
• Located next to the city’s train and bus interchange, the estate promotes the use of public transport and reduced reliance on cars.
• More than 16 per cent of the development area is set aside as public open space.
• Future commercial and retail opportunities offer the potential for a café and convenience lifestyle at Mandurah Junction.
• Up to 600 new trees, including many native species such as paper bark, jarrah and tuart, will be planted throughout public open spaces and streetscapes at Mandurah Junction.
LandCorp with two established WA residential building companies is delivering 41 house and land packages at Mandurah Junction:
Impressions the Home Builder
• Established in 1997, Impressions the Home Builder is a leading Western Australian residential home builder and is part of the BGC group of companies.
• The company is offering a total of 25 house and land packages at Mandurah Junction.
• The single storey homes range from 145sqm for the two bedroom design and 164sqm to 173sqm for three bedrooms. The double storey home designs all offer three bedrooms and range from 190sqm to 205sqm.
• Home designs feature stylish elevations, open plan living and dining area, spacious kitchen, brick paved porch, alfresco and driveway with a double garage.
• The master bedroom features a walk in robe and ensuite. The remaining bedrooms are all double in size.
• Impressions’ house and land packages in Mandurah Junction start from only $261,822 after the Housing Affordability Fund (HAF) rebate.
• Building is anticipated to commence early 2013 with the first homes anticipated to be completed by mid-2013.
• Established in 1992 Nicheliving is a trusted Western Australian company with a property portfolio worth over $400 million.
• The company is offering a total of 16 house and land packages at Mandurah Junction.
• Nicheliving’s homes feature a selection of front elevations and interior designs and all homes are built to full turn-key specifications, including all tiles, carpets, blinds and light fittings.
• Priced from $236,117 (after HAF rebate), construction is expected to commence in late 2013 with first homes completed in mid-2013.
• Homes architecturally designed by one of Perth’s leading award-winning architects, Fred Zuideveld, feature energy efficient design to optimise orientation and use of lot space.
Housing Affordability Grant
• Eligible purchasers will receive up to $43,000 off their purchase at Mandurah Junction including the $36,000 Housing Affordability Fund (HAF) rebate and the $7,000 first homebuyer’s grant.
• First homebuyers and/or owner occupiers will be able to receive the HAF rebate off the purchase of their lot on settlement. This rebate is an incentive of the Australian Government Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs.
• An additional $7,000 is available for first home buyers.
LandCorp’s Mandurah Junction project is taking shape next to the city’s train and bus stations and will become an exciting place to live, work and play.