Smith Broughton WA Bushfire Charity Auction
Music and sports collectables including a framed guitar signed by Slash of Guns N’ Roses as well as industrial equipment and more
Midland industrial auctioneer Smith Broughton is holding a timed online auction to benefit people affected by the recent bushfires in Waroona and Yarloop.
A framed guitar signed by Slash of Guns N’ Roses is among the items up for grabs at unreserved prices.
The company will auction more than $30,000 worth of its own stock as well as items donated by a range of businesses and individuals. All proceeds will be donated to the bushfire cause.
“When disasters like bushfires strike I think we all ask ourselves what we can do to help,” Smith Broughton managing director Darren Smith said. “It’s a great opportunity to grab a bargain and help your fellow West Australians at the same time. There are no reserves so people could take away some real bargains.”
The auction will offer an assortment of music and sports collectables as well as a wide range of Smith Broughton’s regular stock in trade of industrial equipment including everything from forklifts to diesel engines and machinery accessories. Many of the items such as a Hyundai forklift valued at $25,000 are brand new.
Mr Smith said the week-long auction will be held online which makes bidding very convenient. “You can check out the goods online. If you want to, you can come and inspect the goods in person before or during the auction period.”
A hundred per cent of the funds raised will be donated to the Lord Mayor’s Distress Relief Fund which was established in response to the devastating fires.
"The catastrophic fires are the worst WA has experienced in decades,” Lord Mayor Lisa Scaffidi said. “The Lord Mayor's Distress Relief Fund is the recognised state emergency fund and provides relief for victims of natural disasters. I urge the community to pull together to assist residents affected by the fires, and help ease their burden in the tough times ahead."
Under the hammer – unreserved
- Framed guitar signed by Slash of Guns N’ Roses
- Top Gear photographs and Stig figurine signed and framed
- 2015 Fremantle Dockers signed clash jumper
- 2015 Fremantle Dockers signed home jumper
- 2015 Wallabies signed team ball
- Other assorted music and sports collectables
- Mining and industrial equipment including forklifts, diesel engines and machinery accessories – even a brand new Hyundai forklift RRP $25,000
Smith Broughton WA Bushfire Charity Auction – timed online bidding
Monday 15 to Monday 22 February.
Monday 15 to Friday 19 February in person at 10 Clayton Street, Midland from 8.30am to 4.30pm, or view the catalogue online www.smithbroughton.com.au
About the Lord Mayor’s Distress Relief Fund
- The LMDRF is Western Australia’s official State emergency fund.
- The fund is used to raise and coordinate donations to support the victims of natural disasters occurring within WA.
- City of Perth administers the LMDRF. All administration costs are wholly absorbed by the City of Perth, so 100 per cent of all funds raised go directly to those in need.
- The LMDRF was established in 1961 and has raised significant funds to assist those impacted by many disasters, including the Dwellingup Fires (2007), Toodyay Fire Appeal (2010), two appeals for the Gascoyne and Mid-West Floods and the Perth Hills Fire (2011), Parkerville Fire Appeal (2014), Esperance Fires Appeal (2015).
- For more information go to www.appealswa.org.au / www.facebook.com/Distress.Relief.Fund
About Waroona and Districts Fires
- The Waroona and Districts Fires was started by a lightning strike on Wednesday, 6 January.
- Two people died, more than 160 homes were destroyed, and more than 73,000 hectares of land has burnt in the State’s South West.
- The blaze may take months to extinguish.
About Smith Broughton Industrial Auctioneers
- Smith Broughton Industrial Auctioneers is an industrial equipment remarketing company based in Midland, Western Australia.
- Established in 1977, Smith Broughton Industrial Auctioneers provides asset realisation services to leading resource companies, contractors, financial institutions and government agencies.
- For more information go to www.smithbroughton.com.au
Adrian Lloyd (08) 9228 3190, [email protected]
Darren Smith (08) 9374 9222, [email protected]
Hyperactive Advertising is a full service, multi-disciplinary advertising and marketing agency with a range of experience and expertise. We have the capability to help your business grow by streamlining your entire advertising and marketing procedures.