New Report Reveals Strategies for Attracting and Retaining Employees in 2016's Candidate-Driven Job Market
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwired) -- Jan 11, 2016 -- The Execu|Search Group, a recruitment, temporary staffing, and workforce management solutions firm, released today its 2016 Hiring Outlook: Strategies for Adapting to a Candidate-Driven Market. The report provides insights into how companies can attract and retain talent in today's highly competitive job market and discusses the growing quantity of millennials in the workforce and its impact on how companies hire and manage their employees.
"As the job market continues to improve we are hearing from clients that it's becoming increasingly difficult to both find and retain high-quality employees," said Edward Fleischman, Chairman and CEO of The Execu|Search Group. "Compounding the problem, we're seeing a disconnect between what employees want in a job and what employers believe they want. It is our hope that the 2016 Hiring Outlook will help employers better understand this candidate-driven job market and provide them with the tools to build and sustain a strong workforce."
The report's findings were taken from a survey of 226 employers/hiring decision makers from companies across a number of sectors such as financial services, healthcare, and non-profit, among others. In addition to the employer survey, the report also incorporated findings from a survey of 591 job seekers and working professionals, shedding light on what today's professionals value within their current positions, during their job searches, and as they engage in long-term career planning.
Findings of the 2016 Hiring Outlook surveys include:
- The demand for talent is high: 66% of employers surveyed plan to hire additional staff in 2016
- There is a disconnect between what employers think job-seekers and employees are looking for and what they really want: Employers ranked salary and benefits higher than advancement opportunities when they were asked what they thought was important to prospective employees, but in reality 51% of employees said that the opportunity for professional development was their #1 priority
- There are more options for job-seekers, which means more competition for employers: 56% of employees said they interviewed for two or more roles during the interview process for their current position
- Job hopping is real: 50% of survey respondents reported that they expected to have 6+ employers over the course of their career
- Companies are increasingly turning to temporary staff to meet talent demands: 27% of hiring managers surveyed plan to increase hiring of temporary, freelance, consulting, or contract employees in 2016
Based on the results of both surveys, the Hiring Outlook provides strategies for finding and securing talent and retaining employees. The report also explores the value of utilizing temporary employees to meet growing talent demands and discusses how employers can effectively tap into the millennial demographic, which recently surpassed Gen X to become the largest share of the U.S. workforce.
About The Execu|Search Group:
The Execu|Search Group was founded in 1985 as a recruitment firm focused on serving accounting firms, boutique hedge funds, and private equity funds. Over time, our firm has evolved into a full-service recruitment, temporary staffing, and workforce management solutions firm that has helped over 26,000 companies find talent, while connecting over 60,000 people with new jobs.
Headquartered in New York City with 9 additional offices in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Florida, The Execu|Search Group has become one of the largest privately owned recruitment firms. Amidst our continued growth, we remain dedicated to the mission our firm was founded upon: to provide leading employers with the highest caliber talent while maintaining our commitment to integrity, honesty, and responsiveness.
Today, we serve the following practice areas: Accounting/Finance, Creative & Digital, Engineering, Financial Services, Health Services, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal Services, Life Sciences, Nonprofit, and Office Support.
MEDIA CONTACT: Kevin Maloney (212) 784-5716 [email protected]
NewsMaker is an Australian Press Release Distribution and Social Media Marketing service founded in 2004. The company today represents over 22,000 brands who seek to share their content with journalists, bloggers and the community.
P: +61 414 69 70 71