HAUPPAUGE, NY--(Marketwired - Sep 1, 2015) - Since taking the helm as CEO of Globecomm Systems, Inc. after the company's acquisition by Wasserstein & Company in December 2013, Keith Hall has been refining and expanding its management team and setting a new direction for what is today one of the world's premiere network integration and communication companies. In recent remarks released today, Hall says that the strategy is bearing fruit, and that Globecomm has made great strides migrating from a project-focused company to a product-focused one, with a concentration on serving its clients' data management and information logistics needs.
Speaking about Globecomm's legacy as a talented company known for taking on extreme engineering challenges anywhere on earth, Hall said that the skills it learned during this period of the company's history was a great advantage, since Globecomm now knows how to "move fast, change direction when necessary and meet customers' requirements." He added that, "The company's value proposition has shifted "from pure 'managed connectivity' to 'data-managed connectivity."
In the interview he also emphasizes a distinct advantage the company has had almost since its inception: a global network and sophisticated infrastructure that allows for the seamless collection and delivery of broadband data and video on land and sea, leveraging satellite, terrestrial and cellular communication.
Hall also discussed why the recent edition of Globecomm's annual TechForum was titled "The Future of Mobility" and why the emphasis on big data is central to the company's future. Hall noted that mobile networks provide new and interesting access to data streams and content diversification. He cited the cutting-edge work the company is doing to power next generation mobile video experiences on behalf of innovative companies like digital video leader NeuLion. Globecomm is a technology partner for NeuLion.
Highlights from the interview, include:
- Globecomm entered FY16 with a record backlog, despite a fall-off in the United States government military work tied to the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq
- Globecomm has put increased emphasis on its satellite capabilities and teleports network
- Mobility will be at the heart of the company's vision to lead in data management
- Globecomm has stepped-up the provisioning of services to governments, regions and cities as they continue to transform their economies, create access to better healthcare and education, and "eliminate distance" using satellites and telecommunications.
- The company's recent hire of a new CFO, Jason Juranek, as well as industry veteran Jon Kirchner, who will lead Corporate Strategy & Product Development, are key to the company's success.
- The company's maritime services continue to grow in importance. Hall noted that the challenge is to bring value beyond "simple connectivity."
Globecomm is a leading global communications solutions provider. Employing our expertise in emerging communication technologies, including satellite and other transport mediums, we are able to offer a comprehensive suite of system integration, system products, and network services enabling a complete end-to-end solution for our customers. We believe our integrated approach of in-house design and engineering expertise combined with a world-class global network and our 24 by 7 network operating centers provides us a unique competitive advantage. As a communications solutions provider we leverage our global network to provide customers managed access services to the United States Internet backbone, video content, the public switched telephone network or their corporate headquarters, or government offices.
Globecomm currently has customers for which we are providing such services in the United States, Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. Based in Hauppauge, New York, Globecomm also maintains offices in Maryland, New Jersey, Virginia, the Netherlands, South Africa, Hong Kong, Germany, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates and Afghanistan.
NewsMaker is an Australian Press Release Distribution and Social Media Marketing service founded in 2004. The company today represents over 22,000 brands who seek to share their content with journalists, bloggers and the community.
P: +61 414 69 70 71