MILWAUKEE, WI -- (Marketwired) -- Sep 01, 2015 -- From business trips to staff meetings, more than 122 million people are full-time employees, and spend an average of 47 hours a week or more at their workplace.** Adjusting to the work environment; securing valuables; and balancing responsibilities, assignments and deadlines are all important aspects of being in the workforce. Master Lock offers helpful advice and easy-to-use products for securing belongings while in work mode.
"Most people spend a majority of their time at work, which makes it important to take the necessary steps to ensure a safe and secure workplace," said Rebecca Smith, vice president, marketing for Master Lock. "We want to provide reliable products and tips to help create a secure work environment."
Whether starting a first job, transitioning to a new company or simply evaluating the security at a current workplace, Master Lock is providing consumers with tips to help secure their belongings at the workplace and their homes while they're on the job.
1. Secure Spare Keys: With 73 percent of U.S. and Canadian residents working outside of their home,* hiding a spare house key under a mat or rock makes consumers susceptible to possible break-ins and thefts. Provide secure access to cleaning services, maintenance workers, babysitters or a family member with a trusted key lock box, such as the Master Lock 5422D Portable Key Safe, which offers keyless convenience and secure storage of keys and access cards to provide peace of mind when at the office. Be selective when giving out the code, and only provide access to trusted friends, family and workers.
2. Protect Personal Valuables: Approximately 50 percent of people who bring valuables to work do not have a secure place to store them.* Whether in the office or traveling, securing smartphones, wallets, electronic devices and other small valuables in a personal safe, such as the Master Lock 5900D SafeSpace, helps prevent theft. Designed with a durable cable, the Master Lock 5900D SafeSpace can be wrapped around a fixed object at the office or in a hotel room when traveling for work -- providing lightweight and portable convenience. Larger items of value, such as a purse or backpack, should be secured in a cabinet or drawer.
3. Stay Safe and Organized Online: Most offices are equipped with computers, software programs and the Internet for employees to use to complete their work efficiently. Keeping track of numerous logins and documents as well as ensuring this information is stored in a safe place can be a daunting task. To stay digitally organized, use the Master Lock Vault -- a free, digital safe deposit box, to store passwords and digital copies of important documents in a secure, reliable location for easy access from any smartphone or computer. Employees should always log-off or place their computers in sleep mode when stepping away from workstations.
4. Protect Important Documents: Organization is key when starting and settling into any job. Contracts, employee tax forms and other important paperwork can quickly pile up if you do not have a secure place to keep these documents. Using a Sentry Safe FHW40120 Large Lock File will help protect your sensitive information from theft, flood and fire threats as well as provide easy office organization with the ability to store hanging file folders. Be sure to shred any sensitive documents when they are no longer needed to keep them from falling into the wrong hands.
5. Lock Up Before Leaving: Whether working remotely at a coffee shop, taking a business trip or hitting the gym after work, locking luggage, briefcases and laptop or gym bags will help protect valuables in transit. A TSA-Accepted Luggage Lock, such as the Master Lock 4680DBLK, will help keep belongings safe on-the-go. The Master Lock 4680DBLK and 4680DNKL Luggage Locks offer resistance to cutting, and are TSA approved so screeners can inspect and relock your baggage without damaging the lock. It's also important to keep small personal items in front pockets. Leaving valuables in back pockets makes them easy targets for pickpockets.
About Master Lock
The Master Lock Company is recognized around the world as the authentic, enduring name in padlocks and security products. Master Lock Company offers a broad range of innovative security and safety solutions for consumer, commercial, and industrial end-users. Master Lock Company LLC is an operating unit of Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc., a leading consumer brands company. Headquartered in Deerfield, Ill., Fortune Brands Home & Security Inc. (NYSE: FBHS), is included in the S&P MidCap 400 Index. For more information about Master Lock visit www.masterlock.com.
**According to a Gallup study
*According to a March 2015 Safety and Security Survey of more than 1,500 U.S. and Canadian residents conducted by Master Lock via SurveyMonkey.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2877322
Contact: Cheryl Georgas 630.932.7914 [email protected] Marissa Bosler 630.916.3035 [email protected]
NewsMaker is an Australian Press Release Distribution and Social Media Marketing service founded in 2004. The company today represents over 22,000 brands who seek to share their content with journalists, bloggers and the community.
P: +61 414 69 70 71