SINGAPORE - BMC today announced Digital Enterprise Management, a blueprint for companies seeking to transform into fast-moving, innovative enterprises able to seize the opportunities, and overcome the challenges, presented by the digital economy.
Highlighting the critical need for Digital Enterprise Management among large enterprises, BMC released results from a comprehensive August 2015 survey of 100 Fortune 1000 IT managers regarding how they are managing the transition to digital services and the consumerization of IT. The survey results confirm digital transformation is a top priority for increasing productivity, improving customer satisfaction and lowering costs. The results also indicate these same companies are desperately struggling to secure the resources they need to not only maintain current systems but to develop new digital services as well.
"The transformation to digital services is a top priority for every CEO and public sector leader I meet," said BMC CEO Bob Beauchamp. "Leaders are striving to deliver better user experiences while also searching for new revenue channels and product opportunities. If this transformation isn't effectively managed, companies run the risk of security breaches, operational shutdowns, wasted investments, and significant delays in changing the way they do business in the digital economy. BMC's Digital Enterprise Management blueprint provides a clear path to successfully manage this digital transformation."
Survey: IT Managers See Clear Benefits in Digital Transformation
The August 2015 TechValidate research study of IT managers at Fortune 1000 companies released by BMC today indicates that:
- Sixty-three percent of respondents are currently working to incorporate more digital services and mobile technologies into their organization, but only five percent have fully achieved this goal.
- A significant majority of respondents believe becoming a digital enterprise will help their company increase employee productivity (89 percent), increase customer satisfaction (77 percent) and lower costs (68 percent) resulting in increased profitability.
- Sixty-four percent of respondents stated the challenge or roadblock they most experience is not having enough resources to maintain current systems and develop or incorporate new digital services.
Digital Enterprise Management
Many mid-to-large size companies and public sector organizations have reached a critical stage in their evolution. The pervasive use of mobile technologies and the dramatically increasing demand for instant, anywhere, anytime access to information, is forcing enterprises to find new ways to digitally deliver information, products, and services. BMC's Digital Enterprise Management blueprint provides solutions for orchestrating IT transformation so companies can rapidly innovate and move in real-time while keeping their enterprise secure and existing legacy systems operational.
"Our business now demands that we operate in near real-time, continually adapting our services, infrastructure, and processes to be more responsive," said Bill Blausey, CIO at Eaton, a $22.6 billion power management company. "By executing on a Digital Enterprise Management strategy, we become much more proactive and rely on the BMC technologies to support our growing business."
BMC Digital Enterprise Management provides a structured approach to IT strategy that focuses on four key disciplines:
- Digital Service Management - A groundbreaking new paradigm for IT Service Management (ITSM), based on a forward-looking and people-centric view of how IT is transforming employee productivity and driving innovation in the era of digital services.
- Digital Enterprise Automation - Enables business to accelerate the delivery of digital services while improving quality and control. BMC's comprehensive and policy-driven platform helps orchestrate and automate the full digital infrastructure stack.
- Digital Service Assurance - Extends traditional assurance principles beyond mere monitoring. It integrates data from multiple external sources, including social human sentiment to allow businesses to take action in real time based on customer, partner and employee feedback.
- Digital Infrastructure Optimization - An approach to building and maintaining a leaner, more cost-effective digital infrastructure. Businesses benefit from a stronger return on investment and an easier to manage, lower risk platform.
"Effective management, delivery and support of today's unpredictable, ever-changing digital business solutions is critical for success and innovation, but it strains traditional data center management strategies and tools to the breaking point," said Mary Johnston Turner, research vice president, Enterprise Systems Management Software at IDC. "BMC's Digital Enterprise Management initiative updates and streamlines many of its product offerings with the goal of enabling much stronger cross-product orchestration and analytics in order to meet the dynamic, real-time needs of today's digital enterprise transformation agendas."
BMC's Digital Enterprise Management solutions remove roadblocks to digital transformation, helping organizations cost efficiently accelerate implementation of new digital services and mobile technologies to transform themselves into digital enterprises for competitive advantage.
Video: Digital Enterprise Management http://bmc.co/1fn5YXg
SlideShare: The State of Digital Transformation, survey http://bit.ly/1PjZftv
Overview: Digital Enterprise Management: Powering Innovation http://bmc.co/1LCu9zm
BMC is a global leader in software solutions that help IT transform traditional businesses into digital enterprises for the ultimate competitive advantage. Our Digital Enterprise Management set of IT solutions is designed to make digital business fast, seamless, and optimized. From mainframe to mobile to cloud and beyond, we pair high-speed digital innovation with robust IT industrialization - allowing our customers to provide intuitive user experiences with optimized performance, cost, compliance, and productivity. BMC solutions serve more than 15,000 customers worldwide including 82 percent of the Fortune 500. www.bmc.com
BMC - Bring IT to Life
BMC, BMC Software, the BMC logo, and the BMC Software logo are the exclusive properties of BMC Software Inc., are registered or pending registration with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other BMC trademarks, service marks, and logos may be registered or pending registration in the U.S. or in other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. (c) Copyright 2015 BMC Software, Inc.
BMC Digital Enterprise Management Supporting Quotes:
"The tastes of our customer base are constantly changing, and we needed a way to keep up," said, Jim Caterbone, product owner and administrator, SUBWAY World. "Executing on BMC's Digital Enterprise Management blueprint helps us cost effectively manage point of sale systems across over 40,000 franchises and be more responsive to both our franchisees and customers."
"We're supporting a number of new solutions that are mostly seen as disruptive digital startups - such as video on demand, home automation and big data," said Peter Yates, head of operations, platforms & IT at Spark Ventures. "Many of them target the consumer marketplace where speed, agility and innovation are absolutely essential to remain competitive. By executing on a Digital Service Management strategy, we have become innovation-led and rely on technology and our people as the primary drivers of competitive advantage."
"The reality is that innovation works best when traditional systems are fully integrated with new digital applications, taking into account the entire value chain from mainframe to mobile to cloud and beyond," said BMC executive vice president Paul Appleby.
"One second is the new one minute," said Bill Platt, chief architect at BMC. "Personalized mobile access and auto scaling are table stakes for the digital enterprise and the ability to deliver a user experience that improves daily sets companies apart in their industry."
 Source: TechValidate TVID: E8F-391-DC0