Tintri Also Introduces VMstack Converged Infrastructure Along With Qualified Partners to Offer Best-of-Breed Compute and Network With Tintri VM-Aware Storage
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA--(Marketwired - Aug 20, 2015) - Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, today announced the release of the Tintri VMstore(tm) T5000 All-Flash series. The VMstore T5000 joins the award winning T800 Hybrid-Flash series to create a portfolio of VM-aware storage platforms that offer enterprises and service providers their choice of storage, hypervisor and packaging to best meet their needs. Powered by the same Tintri OS and real time VM-level analytics, the new products will enable customers to easily optimize virtualized workloads across the T5000 and T800 systems.
Today's announcement also includes additional new products:
- Tintri OS 4.0 provides a single OS for both the T5000 and T800 platforms.
- Tintri Global Center (TGC) 2.1 manages and provides actionable real time VM-level analytics for more than 100,000 virtual machines. TGC 2.1 extends ease of management and analytics capabilities to mixed Tintri VMstore All-Flash and Hybrid-Flash environments by identifying "flash-hungry" VMs and enables administrators to move the workloads to a Tintri All-Flash system. It is capable of not only dynamically assigning service group policies for data protection and quality of service but also seamlessly transferring and retaining the same service group settings when a VM is moved to another VMstore.
- Tintri VMstack(tm) Converged Infrastructure is the industry's first VM-aware converged solution providing customers the choice of Hybrid-Flash or All-Flash storage, multiple hypervisors, compute and network. Select Tintri partners including 5S, Groupware, nfrastructure, P1 Technologies, RediCloud -- a division of Axispoint, and Virtual Armor will offer pre-qualified, integrated solutions designed for specific use cases such as VDI, high performance enterprise applications and private cloud.
The Tintri VMstore T5000 All-Flash series includes two models -- the VMstore T5060 and T5080 can store up to 5,000 VMs in a 2U form factor and up to 100,000 virtual machines, 1.4PB of data and 4 million IOPS in a single rack. The series is designed for very large database farms, analytics workloads and large persistent virtual desktops, which demand predictable, high throughput and sub-millisecond latency across their entire multi-terabyte capacity.
The existing T800 Hybrid-Flash series will continue to support enterprises seeking the optimum balance of all flash performance and value with the same VM-aware capabilities as the T5000. With 99 percent of storage IO from flash, the T800 series is the ideal platform for most server virtualization, VDI, private cloud and test and development use cases.
The T5000 and T800 are the only solutions in the industry to provide real time, VM-level analytics. Customers can identify and act on changes in VM performance and capacity use across their entire infrastructure and across multiple hypervisors, including VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, OpenStack or Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization.
"We have consistently heard from business leaders that the performance of their virtualized applications is paramount to the success of their organizations," said Ken Klein, CEO and Chairman at Tintri. "Many storage vendors respond by focusing on speeds and feeds and who has more or less flash. They're selling expensive Band-Aids. Tintri focuses on the root cause with storage specifically built for virtualized enterprises. With today's announcement, we bring VM-awareness to all-flash, and offer a common platform with hybrid-flash on which customers can analyze and optimize workloads."
"The Tintri VMstore T5000 All-Flash series completes our VM-aware storage line-up. We now have Tintri's hybrid-flash platforms running our virtual desktops and server VMs, and a shiny, new T5080 all-flash platform to handle a consolidation of our most demanding database VMs," said Jeff Wilhelm, CTO of Envision Technology Advisors. "Our failover testing (physically yanking a controller) was a zero-downtime event even under IO load. The T5080 provides sub-millisecond latency for the most demanding applications even at very high capacity utilization. The SyncVM features are useful and matured and the hardware was (as always) top notch. Plus we enjoy all of the benefits of VM-aware storage, including multi-hypervisor support, guaranteed QoS and real-time analytics."
The Tintri VMstack Converged Infrastructure is the industry's first VM-aware stack, offering customers the choice of storage platform, hypervisor, compute and network infrastructure Tintri VMstack Partners will offer a variety of pre-qualified integrated solutions for specific use cases including
- Tintri VMstack for Server Virtualization: optimized for server virtualization based on VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V or other Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization sized for typical virtualized server applications.
- Tintri VMstack for VDI: optimized for VDI, based on VMware Horizon with View or Citrix XenDesktop running on supported hypervisor platforms, sized for various user counts and concurrent desktop use.
- Tintri VMstack for Private Cloud: optimized for private clouds based on VMware vRealize Suite, or OpenStack and sized for large numbers of dynamic workloads with a high rate of change.
Customers who purchase VMstack solutions from Tintri partners that include Cisco hardware will enjoy the added benefit of global Level 1 (24x7) support from Cisco.
"We're excited to be a VMstack Converged Infrastructure Partner," said Aaron Cardenas, CEO from P1 Technologies. "We built our VMstack solutions with the philosophy that they should be loosely coupled, but tightly knit -- to offer a simpler experience for our customers to set up, monitor, manage performance and by extension, guarantee SLAs. With Tintri as the storage component, customers benefit from VM-level visibility across the infrastructure, so they always have a finger on the pulse of their virtual footprint. Our portfolio of VMstack solutions supports everything from departmental projects to enterprise-wide, large scale deployments."
To learn more about Tintri's vision for the future of the storage industry and about newly announced products and solutions, join Kieran Harty, co-founder and CTO, for a special online keynote presentation on August 20, 2015. Tintri also extends a special invitation to prospects, customers and partners to attend Tintricity, Tintri's annual user conference on August 30, 2015.
The Tintri VMstore T5000 series is available for ordering worldwide and is expected to ship in September 2015.
Tintri will exhibit the new solutions at VMworld in San Francisco on August 30-September 3, 2015. Visit Tintri at booth 921.
For more information about Tintri's latest products and capabilities, please visit the Tintri website.
- Review the solution brief on Tintri VMstack Converged Infrastructure
- Get the Tintri VMstore(tm) T5000 All-Flash datasheet
- Get the Tintri VMstore(tm) T800 Hybrid-Flash datasheet
- Read the Gartner 2014 Magic Quadrant for General-Purpose Disk Arrays
- Follow Tintri on Twitter
- Follow Tintri on LinkedIn
Tintri builds smart storage that sees, learns and adapts, enabling IT organizations to focus on virtualized applications and business services instead of managing storage infrastructure. Tintri VM-aware storage eliminates planning and complex troubleshooting by providing VM-level visibility, control, insight and agility. Tintri powers hundreds of thousands of virtual machines running business critical databases, enterprise apps, desktops and mobile apps, and private cloud deployments. Tintri helps global enterprises such as AMD, F5 Networks, GE, NEC, NTT, MillerCoors and Time Warner maximize their virtualization and cloud investments. For more information, visit www.tintri.com and follow us on Twitter: @Tintri.
+1 415 591 8459
NewsMaker is an Australian Press Release Distribution and Social Media Marketing service founded in 2004. The company today represents over 22,000 brands who seek to share their content with journalists, bloggers and the community.
P: +61 414 69 70 71