Itau BBA Captures Second Place in Annual Ranking of the Nation's Best Sell-Side Analysts
NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - Aug 12, 2015) - BTG Pactual captures first place for a fourth consecutive year on the 2015 All-Brazil Research Team, Institutional Investor's exclusive annual ranking of the nation's best sell-side analysts.
Complete results can be found at www.institutionalinvestor.com/rankings.
Itaú BBA captures second place, followed by Credit Suisse in third. Rounding out the top five are Bank of America Merrill Lynch and J.P. Morgan in fourth and fifth place, respectively.
Nearly half of this year's top-ranked analysts -- nine out of 19 -- finished in first place for the first time in their respective sectors:
- Fernando Abdalla of J.P. Morgan, Transportation;
- David Beker of Bank of America Merrill Lynch;
- Luiz Carvalho of HSBC, Chemicals & Oil;
- Leonardo Correa of BTG Pactual, Metals & Mining;
- Luiz Maurício Garcia of Bradesco Corretora, Real Estate;
- Bruno Giardino of Santander, Education;
- Susana Salaru of Itaú BBA, Technology, Media & Telecommunications;
- Alexandre Spada of Itaú BBA, Financials/Nonbanks; and
- Tobias Stingelin of Credit Suisse, Retailing.
A total of 78 analysts from 11 firms make the team this year.
Survey results reflect the opinions of nearly 700 buy-side analysts and portfolio managers at 367 institutions that manage an estimated $261 billion in Brazilian equities and $139 billion in Brazilian debt.
About Institutional Investor
Now entering its fifth decade, Institutional Investor has consistently distinguished itself among the world's foremost financial publications with groundbreaking journalism and incisive writing that provides essential intelligence for a global audience. In addition, Institutional Investor offers a host of proprietary research and rankings that serve as respected industry benchmarks. For more information visit www.institutionalinvestor.com.
NewsMaker is an Australian Press Release Distribution and Social Media Marketing service founded in 2004. The company today represents over 22,000 brands who seek to share their content with journalists, bloggers and the community.
P: +61 414 69 70 71