Get a Taste for Yourself With Our Top 10 Pop-Up Dining Experiences Around the World
TORONTO, ON -- (Marketwired) -- Jul 08, 2015 -- Pop-up shops. Pop-up galleries. Pop-up festivals. The pop-up trend is becoming more and more widespread. And front and centre in this trend? Pop-up dining. To help you get a taste of this culinary craze, the travel experts at Cheapflights.ca, the champions of simple travel search, have put together a menu of their Top 10 Pop-Up Dining Experiences Around the World to check out this summer. But act fast as these are not your everyday dining opportunities!
From mystery meals (with blindfolds and all) to themed picnics, below are six pop-up dining options in North America and beyond from our list of fun, but fleeting, foodie experiences.
- TD's PopUp, Portland, Oregon, United States - Tacos? Check. Tequila? Also check. TD's PopUp is an offshoot of Portland's Three Degrees restaurant and the theme is simple: tacos and tequila served up on the banks of the Willamette River courtesy of Chef Thomas Dunklin. The tiny 10-seat counter-service pop-up runs along the waterfront until October from noon to 8 p.m.
- EatWith, various locations worldwide - EatWith isn't so much a traditional pop-up restaurant, but an off-the-cuff dining experience you won't get anywhere else. Chefs vetted by EatWith put together dinners based on whatever inspires them and menus are listed on the EatWith site. The fun starts when you search for menus in your city (or whatever city you happen to be in). Once you find one that intrigues you, make a reservation and the host will send you the address. It's a fun mix of good food with a dash of intrigue.
- Pop-Up Picnics, Calgary, Alberta, Canada - Picnics are a quintessential part of summer and downtown Calgary is a good spot to dine al fresco. Every other Wednesday from noon to 1 p.m. throughout the summer locals and visitors can experience Pop-Up Picnics. Each picnic has a different theme (British garden party, circus, etc.) and will be held at different locations so you can go to all of them and never see (or eat) the same thing twice. Each picnic features a food vendor, live entertainment, games and tables, chairs and picnic blankets.
- Ceviche Project, Los Angeles, California, United States - Fans of ceviche might want to consider a trip to West Hollywood to the Mondrian Hotel to experience Chef Octavio Olivas' Ceviche Project running from July 23 to Oct. 22. These monthly pop-up dinners will be held at Sky Bar at the Mondrian and each one will feature five courses based around ceviche. And what you get will always be a surprise since no menus are published beforehand. What the chef prepares depends on the fish he finds and each pop-up dinner will offer something different.
- Araxi Longtable Dinner Series, Vancouver & Pemberton,
British Columbia, Canada - The Araxi Longtable Dinner Series is
held twice over the summer, once in Vancouver on Aug. 3 and once in
Pemberton on Sept. 5. At each dinner 250 guests will be served
four-course menus by award-winning Executive Chef James Walt with a
focus on local, farm-to-table eating. The Vancouver dinner will be
held in Vanier Park while North Arm Farm will play host to the
- Four Seasons Undercover, various locations, North America - If you like your pop-up dinners with a side of mystery, you might be interested in Four Seasons Undercover happening at several Four Seasons hotels beginning this month. At these dinners, guests have no details about what to expect and have no information other than when to meet in the lobby. Oh, and they're also blindfolded until they're told it's time to discover just what kind of dinner they'll be experiencing.
The pop-up dining craze is all the rage overseas, too. Rounding out our menu of pop-up delights are: Camden Beach, London, England; A summer in Provence, Arles, France; Aziamendi 8, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; and Street Feast, London, England. To read all the delicious details, visit www.cheapflights.ca/news/top-10-pop-up-dining-experiences-around-the-world. Bon appétit!
About Cheapflights.ca, part of the Momondo
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 17.5 million visitors a month -- plus 8 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.ca) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen and Boston with a consumer base across more than 30 core international markets but users all over the world.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2853241
Contact Information: Cheapflights.ca Tel: +1 416-788-4573 E-mail: Email Contact Website: www.cheapflights.ca
NewsMaker is an Australian Press Release Distribution and Social Media Marketing service founded in 2004. The company today represents over 22,000 brands who seek to share their content with journalists, bloggers and the community.
P: +61 414 69 70 71