United Nations Association of Australia
MEDIA PEACE AWARDS AWARDS 2015
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Nominations are now open for the United Nations Association of Australia National Media Peace Awards 2015. The Awards recognise the role of the media in promoting social justice and humanitarian issues as well as generating awareness within communities that leads to public debate and policy change. Journalists and producers whose work has appeared in the Australian public media between 2 September 2014 and 4 September 2015 are encouraged to nominate now.
MAJOR AWARD CATEOGORIES:
- Best Print:
- Best Television:
- News/Current Affairs (less than 20 minutes)
- Documentary (more than 20 minutes)
- Best Photojournalism
- Best Radio:
- News (less than 10 minutes)
- Documentary (more than 10 minutes)
- Best Online
SPECIAL AWARD CATEGORIES:
- *NEW* Increasing Awareness and Understanding of Climate Change Issues
- *NEW* Promotion of Disability Rights and Issues
- Promotion of Indigenous Recognition
- Promotion of Multicultural Issues
(Sponsored by the Australian Multicultural Foundation)
- Promotion of Positive Images of the Older Person
- Increasing Awareness and Understanding of Women's Rights and Issues
(Sponsored by the Victorian Government Office of Women’s Affairs)
- Increasing Awareness and Understanding of Children's Rights and Issues
NOMINATIONS CLOSE 5PM, FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 4.
Nominate before July 31 to receive the Early Bird fee.
Winners of the 2015 Media Peace Awards will be announced at the Awards Presentation Dinner to be held on Friday October 23 at the ANZ Pavilion in Melbourne.
For more information including entry criteria and nomination forms please visit www.unaavictoria.org.au/media-awards
or contact the UNAA Office on (03) 9670 7878 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Proudly Sponsored by