Following Its Fourth Code Release, Alliance Attracts Leaders From Networking Operators to Silicon Vendors to Further Advance the AllJoyn Framework
SAN FRANCISCO, CA and TOKYO, JAPAN - (LinuxCon Japan) -- The AllSeen Alliance, a cross-industry collaboration to advance the Internet of Everything through an open source software project, today announced 20 new members have joined the initiative. This marks the sixth consecutive month with double-digit member growth for the AllSeen Alliance, with more than 70 companies joining the initiative since January. Furthermore, these new members hold expertise across critical horizontal areas of the Internet of Things (IoT) -- telecommunications and networking operators, software developers, IoT platforms and solutions, product companies and smart home automation.
The AllSeen Alliance's diversity in membership strengthens the AllJoyn open source code, making it a robust, flexible framework that can be used in consumer, enterprise and industrial scenarios. The AllSeen Alliance recently announced its fourth major code release, AllJoyn 15.04, building on the rich, commercially deployed AllJoyn framework to deliver higher performance, extended scalability and enhanced security features. The code is available for download.
"Competitive interests are being put aside in the AllSeen Alliance. From silicon vendors and network operators, to product companies and cloud service providers, the entire ecosystem is working together to deliver on the promise of IoT and the reality of billions of things working together," said Philip DesAutels, senior director, IoT, AllSeen Alliance. "We all want the same thing -- open interoperability -- and the members of the AllSeen Alliance understand that collaborative development is the only way to get there. I'm excited to see the continued momentum and growing interest around AllJoyn."
More about the new members:
Telecommunications and Networking Operators
- Hisilicon Technologies provides ASICs and solutions for communication network and digital media. These ASICs are widely used in over 100 countries and regions around the world. In the digital media field, Hisilicon has already released the SoC and solution for IP Camera, DVR, NVR, set-top box, OTT box and Smart TV.
- Renesas is a premier provider of semiconductor solutions used in billions of connected devices that enhance the way people live, work and play. From large established manufacturers to start up companies, customers depend on Renesas' quality, reliability and market leadership to shape a better future.
- Vodafone is one of the world's largest telecommunications companies and provides a range of services including voice, messaging, data and fixed communications. Vodafone has mobile operations in 26 countries, partners with mobile networks in 55 more, and fixed broadband operations in 17 markets.
- ZTE Corporation is a globally-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and network solutions. With operations in 160 countries, the company delivers cutting-edge technology to telecommunications clients in wireless, access and bearer, value-added services, terminals, managed network services, and ICT solutions for enterprises and government agencies.
- ZyXEL Communications Corp is a world-class networking company providing innovative and reliable Internet solutions. As one of the early modem manufacturers, ZyXEL delivers cutting-edge communications innovations to more than 400,000 businesses and more than 100 million consumers throughout the world.
- Incognito Software is a global provider of broadband service enablement and assurance solutions that allow service providers to increase their operational efficiency, rapidly deploy advanced services, and ensure high quality of experience for their subscribers.
- IS2T is a global editor of embedded software technologies, committed to provide solutions to rapidly bring value-add electronic products to the market. IS2T's innovative smart platforms reduce total cost of ownership of embedded systems by lowering bills of materials and engineering costs, and enable recurrent revenues through new usages and business models.
- Skeed is a software development company, providing high speed and high efficiency network data transfer software, featuring extremely high speed protocol technology and self configurable distributed P2P network technology.
IoT Platforms and Solutions
- Apptellect provides consulting and engineering services for the Internet of Things to implement end-to-end IoT consumer products and industrial solutions.
- EUROICC is a local pioneer in development of original control devices. The company provides innovative solutions for the global market.
- Infobright delivers a high performance analytic database platform that serves as a key underlying infrastructure for the Internet of Things. Specifically focused on enabling the rapid analysis of machine generated data, Infobright powers applications to perform interactive, complex queries resulting in better, faster business decisions.
- WigWag delivers a powerful platform to make connected devices more manageable, secure and automatic. Built on open source runtime devicesJS, WigWag's platform removes IoT device and protocol complexities, providing a unified language to rapidly scale IoT applications and devices.
- Allwinner Technology is a leading fabless design company dedicated to smart application processor SoCs and smart analog ICs. Its product line includes multi-core application processors for smart devices and smart power management ICs used by brands worldwide.
- ASUSTek is a leading technology company in Taiwan with over 12,500 employees worldwide. ASUS makes products in almost every area of Information Technology, including PC components, peripherals, notebooks, tablets, servers and smartphones.
- Shenzhen Yifang Digital Technology Co., Ltd is a leading manufacturer for tablets and innovative IoT products, including home automation devices (Nexturn), ultrasonic digital pen (Apen & Mvpen) and smart wearable devices (Nextone) and with full experience to provide one-stop service to big retailers and brand owners worldwide.
- Howdens Joinery is a leader in the UK market for kitchen and joinery products selling on a B2B basis an inspirational, affordable and available range of kitchens, appliances, and joinery products.
- Taiwan Intelligent Home (TIH) simplifies smart home control via Maid White, a platform that enables simplified control of smart home products in one application. Maid White also has an open API, allowing developers to build their own appliances.
The AllSeen Alliance also welcomes the following new sponsored members: Alliance for Sustainable Energy, LLC (NREL), NextEnergy and WearHacks.
This week the AllSeen Alliance is hosting a mini-summit at LinuxCon Japan, a Linux Foundation-hosted event, as well as an interoperable demo in booth #2. Philip DesAutels, the Alliance's senior director of IoT, will also lead a discussion on the "Appification of Everything." More information can be found here: https://allseenalliance.org/event/linuxcon-japan.
About The AllSeen Alliance
The AllSeen Alliance is a nonprofit open source consortium dedicated to driving the widespread adoption of products, systems and services that support the Internet of Everything with an open, universal development framework that is supported by a vibrant ecosystem and thriving technical community. The Alliance manages and advances an industry-supported collaborative open source software connectivity and services framework based on AllJoyn technology accepting contributions from premier members, community members and the open source community. This secure and programmable software connectivity and services framework enables companies and individuals to create interoperable products that can discover, connect and interact directly with other nearby devices, systems and services regardless of transport layer, device type, platform, operating system or brand. For more information, please visit: http://www.allseenalliance.org.
The AllSeen Alliance is a Collaborative Project at The Linux Foundation. Linux Foundation Collaborative Projects are independently funded software projects that harness the power of collaborative development to fuel innovation across industries and ecosystems. www.linuxfoundation.org.
NewsMaker is an Australian Press Release Distribution and Social Media Marketing service founded in 2004. The company today represents over 22,000 brands who seek to share their content with journalists, bloggers and the community.
P: +61 414 69 70 71