EFMD would like to warmly congratulate School of Business within the Universidad Adolfo Ibañez,School of Management and Economics within the Beijing Institute of Technology & Jönköping International Business School who have just been awarded EQUIS accreditation.
This takes the number of accredited schools to 155 across 40 countries.
Please read below what the Deans of the accredited schools say about the achievement.
“Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez Business School is delighted to receive the EQUIS accreditation, as part of our international consolidation strategy. We believe this accreditation is crucial for us to be considered among the top schools in Latin America.”
Ms. Manola Sanchez, Dean, School of Business, Universidad Adolfo Ibañez, Chile
“School of Management & Economics and Beijing Institute of Technology are proud to be accredited by EQUIS. We appreciate the dedications and comments of all participants and will continually improve our school’s internationalisation in different aspects. Actually, since PRT review, we have taken actions and reached significant accomplishments. We do believe that, in coming years, our school will have a great improvement in internationalisation, and we will contribute more to the changing business world.”
Prof. Yi-Ming Wei, Dean, School of Management and Economics, Beijing Institute of Technology, China
“Our students, faculty and professional staff are thrilled that JIBS has joined the group of EQUIS accredited business schools in the world. There has been both sweat and tear but our hard work paid off and we are now a better school than before the journey to win the gold standard of international accreditation begun. Of course, as the Dean I am really proud!”
Prof. Johan Roos, Dean and CEO, Jönköping International Business School, Sweden
Prof. Michael Osbaldeston, the EFMD Director of Quality Services added, "We are delighted to warmly welcome the new schools into the EQUIS community. Accreditation from EFMD is one of the best and most complete ways to certify the quality of a business school as accreditation involves an extensive self-assessment by the School, a visit of an international review team who spend several days interviewing many different people in the School, and finally a very experienced jury evaluating the assessment and findings of the review team to determine whether the School should be granted accreditation. There are currently no substitutes for such an in-depth assessment of quality and the three schools should be commended for their commitment to excellence."
The benefits of accreditation include:
- Information for the global education market on the basis of substance
- International recognition of excellence: international development
- Mechanism for international benchmarking with the best
- Sharing of good practice and mutual learning
- Agenda for quality improvement and future development
- Acceleration of quality improvement in international management education
- Legitimacy to internal and external stakeholders that you have a strong international reputation (donors, alumni, government) and that your school meets the high standards of the best business schools in the world
- Becoming part of a network of top schools to develop relationships with fellow EFMD accredited schools for research, exchanging best practices on programmes, etc.
- International Legitimacy vis-a-vis recruiting international students, creating double degree partnerships, forming international exchange relationships, recruiting executive development custom programme clients, recruiting new faculty.
More information on EQUIS is available at www.efmd.org/equis
NewsMaker is an Australian Press Release Distribution and Social Media Marketing service founded in 2004. The company today represents over 22,000 brands who seek to share their content with journalists, bloggers and the community.
P: +61 414 69 70 71