SINGAPORE - Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in products and services that provide real-time visibility into organizations' assets, people and transactions, today announced the MC18 mobile computer has earned a prestigious Red Dot design award. This award is in recognition of Zebra's thoughtful customer-centric product design which delivers a more impactful solution to customers. Leveraging deep customer insights, Zebra delivered a retail solution that increases the number of devices available to customers while taking less floor space within their stores. The Zebra design team worked closely with market research teams to build a product that is friendly and approachable, while meeting the needs of a high-traffic supermarket environment.
- The MC18, a next generation personal shopper solution, allows supermarket customers to easily scan items as they shop to receive discount coupons and suggestions for complementary items and keep a running tally for fast checkout.
- With fast, dependable barcode capture technology, the MC18 allows shoppers to spend less time in the store and enhances the overall shopping experience.
- Zebra designers created a new cradle system for the MC18 which increases the device density without reducing its ease of use. The new system design exceeds retailer space-saving requirements found in the market research.
Prof Dr Peter Zec, founder and CEO, Red Dot Design Award
"The Red Dot organization is proud to announce Zebra's MC18 handheld device as our 2015 winner for Product Design. While most entries showed great innovation in design this year, the MC18 stood out to our judges as a device that meets the needs of both customers and end-users while maintaining classic design principles and overall quality."
Joe White, vice president, Enterprise Mobile Computing, Zebra Technologies
"We are honored to receive this recognition from the international design community. With a large all-touch display providing a true smartphone-style user experience, the MC18 helps our customers deliver a better shopping experience."
- Website: Zebra Technologies https://www.zebra.com/us/en.html
- Facebook: Zebra Technologies https://www.facebook.com/ZebraTechnologiesAPAC
- Twitter: @ZebraTechnologies https://twitter.com/zebratechnology
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces. For more information, visit www.zebra.com/possibilities.
Ogilvy Public Relations
Phone: +65 9093 3787