"We think people are more than ready to shake off winter doldrums and the hassles of snow-bound days and frigid nights. We convened a dance party of Gardener's Supply employee-owners braved 20-degree weather in tights and Tubtrug tutus to bring you this Taylor Swift 'Shake It Off' parody," said Maree Gaetani, gardening relations, Gardener's Supply.
"We've helping people garden since 1983 and, besides dancing to Taylor Swift, we also offer practical gardening advice and exclusive garden gear."
1. Laugh At Winter. Check out our parody of Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off." Our employee-owners couldn't help but get out in the snow and sing about their frustration.
2. Keep Garden Dreams Alive with Online Kitchen Garden Planner. This free online garden planner helps you create a super-productive vegetable garden, based on square foot gardening techniques. There are now more than 48 plant choices, choose one of 26 pre-planned gardens or create your own. Design almost any size garden bed including a pot or windowbox. Planner also has an easy-to-browse Vegetable Encyclopedia and a detailed Planting and Care section with instructions for preparing the soil, fertilizing, watering, Just drag and drop crops and use the 'how to garden' feature to learn more about plant care.
3. Start Some Seeds. Gardener's Supply award-winning APS Grow Ease Seedstarter Kits are touted by gardening experts and beginners as 'the best seedstarting system ever.' New seedstarting gear has made it affordable and the company also provides many how-to articles as well including: How To Start Seeds and Seedstarting FAQs.
4. When Is It Warm Enough To Plant? You can start getting your raised beds ready as soon as the snow melts. Raised Bed gardening.
5. Get Ready for the Pollinators. If you plant it, the bees, butterflies and hummingbirds will come and you'll be helping restore pollinator populations. A patchwork of pollinator gardens in neighborhoods, cities and rural areas around the country could provide enough habitat to restore healthy communities of beneficial insects and pollinators. Here's a link to a pollinator plant list, many are very easy to start from seed. This can easily be done in a pollinator windowbox or container.
6. No Space? No Time? No Excuse. Make your tomato and garden dreams come alive on a sunny square foot area of a patio or deck. Or you may not want a full garden but you just want tomatoes or peppers or herbs. There are many new options such as the Gardener's Best ® Tomato Grow Bag Kit and other plant-specific Grow Bag Kits. Gardener's Supply also offers Tomato Success Kits that have helped thousands of gardeners grow big crops of healthier, tastier tomatoes. The self-watering planter has a generous, 4-gallon reservoir that provides a steady flow of moisture to plants. This eliminates the "drought and drown" cycle that stresses plants, helping your tomatoes outperform garden-grown plants by 30% or more.
Founded in 1983, Gardener's Supply is proud to be a 100% employee-owned company of avid gardeners providing garden-tested, earth-friendly products combined with practical information. Headquartered in Burlington's Intervale, Vermont, the company has won many awards for its patented products and innovative management style. Gardener's Supply is a Certified B Corp company and donates 8% of its profits to gardening and other community projects and can be found on the web at gardeners.com.
For more information about the products mentioned in this article, please call www.gardeners.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2786513
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2786516
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2786532
CONTACT: Maree Gaetani Email Contact 802-660-3524 M: 802.324.3699