To Benefit Youth-Led, Non-Profit TECHO on March 24th
MIAMI, FL -- (Marketwired) -- Feb 26, 2015 -- The 2014 Miami Open men's and women's champions return to The Cliff Drysdale Tennis Center at The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami for the sixth consecutive year in an unprecedented, intimate gathering of the world's top tennis players. The March 24th, gathering at the Miami resort gives just 24 amateur players the opportunity to test their skills in a Round Robin qualifying tournament in which the winners earn a chance to play against and alongside the top professionals.
Led by Grand Slam legend and Hall of Famer Cliff Drysdale, along with Tennis Director Mark Chellas and ESPN tennis analyst Darren Cahill, who all share court time and commentary throughout the event and Round Robin, the all-star lineup features:
- Kei Nishikori, ranked number five in the world, is the only male Japanese tennis player ever to be ranked inside the top 10 in ATP singles ranking. Recently featured on the cover of the January issue of Time Magazine
- Serena Williams, currently ranked number one single's women player in the world and 17 time Grand Slam winner
- Chris Evert, former number one singles player in the world and winner of 18 Grand Slams and three doubles titles
- Ana Ivanovic, former number one singles player in the world and winner of the French Open
- Marion Bartoli, Martina Hingis and Mary Joe Fernandez, along with Latin American pros Santiago Giraldo, Juan (Pico) Monaco and Feliciano Lopez
The event, from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., includes cocktails provided by Finlandia Vodka and Herradura Tequila, wine by Nuestro Tiempo Malbec, passed hors d'oeuvres, silent auction, exhibition matches with the top stars from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m., a pro Round Robin, a "King of the Court" challenge match pitting the pros against the amateur Round Robin winners and much more. The action is open to the public by reservation and is limited. Tickets may be purchased by calling The Cliff Drysdale Tennis Center at (305) 365-4300 or contacting Mark Chellas at [email protected].
Tickets are as follows:
- $90 per person provides spectators tickets to view the exhibitions, quaff champagne and nosh hors d'oeuvres while they watch all the action.
- $750 per person provides entry to a Round Robin tournament, VIP seating, gift bag and court time and participation with Drysdale, Chellas, Cahill and top ATP players to qualify for two spots, giving local players the chance of a lifetime to play out points with the leading tennis pros.
- $1,500 per person provides entry to a Round Robin tournament, guaranteed hitting time against and alongside the top pros, VIP seating, gift bag and group photo opportunity.
- If nothing less than a sure thing is your style, $5,000 provides one VIP All Access Pass including one player entry in the Round Robin tournament, 15 minutes of guaranteed playing time against and alongside the top pros, VIP courtside seating, gift bags and individual meet-and-greet photo opportunity.
Proceeds from the sixth annual All-Star Charity Tennis Event will support TECHO. TECHO is a 501 (c) 3 youth-led non-profit organization that seeks to overturn poverty in disadvantaged areas of Latin America by linking volunteers with local community leaders to transform slums into empowered communities. TECHO operates in 19 Latin American countries including Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, Paraguay, Panama, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela. Through community development programs, TECHO aims to create a poverty-free world. For more information visit www.techo.org/us
WANT THE ULTIMATE TENNIS VACATION?
For any tennis lover's dream, book the Ultimate Tennis Dream package at our Miami luxury hotel. The package includes airport transfers; Champagne upon arrival; welcome amenity; VIP access to the All-Star Tennis Charity Event on March 24th with guaranteed hitting time and meet-n-greet with the top pros; overnight accommodations in an oceanfront suite; breakfast daily; adult tennis clinic for two; one house private tennis lesson for two; and box seats to the Miami Open for two. Rates starting from $5,999. Valid March 23rd through March 27th, 2015. For reservations, please contact the hotel directly at (305) 365-4582.
The I Love Tennis package provides guests with luxury overnight accommodations; breakfast daily; complimentary shuttle round trip from Crandon Tennis Center to resort; welcome amenity; meet-n-greet with Hall of Famer, Cliff Drysdale; tennis clinic for two daily and private tennis lesson for two daily. Rates starting from $1,099. Valid March 23rd through March 27th, 2015. For reservations, visit www.ritzcarlton.com/keybiscayne or call (305) 365-4500.
About The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami
The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami is just minutes from the city's cosmopolitan center, yet feels like a secluded island getaway with its lush tropical gardens, infinity ocean views and the only South Florida beach on Dr. Beach's Top Ten Beaches in the U.S. list. Connected to Miami by a picturesque causeway, the luxury resort is a renowned spa destination, has four globally-inspired dining venues, which take guests on culinary journeys to Tuscany, Coastal Mexico and St. Tropez, and has the largest tennis center of any Ritz-Carlton in the world. The award-winning resort is recognized by Travel + Leisure, Condé Nast Traveler, Robb Report, Forbes, Tennis magazine and Golf Digest as among the world's best hotels. For additional information or reservations, call The Ritz-Carlton toll free at (800) 241-3333, the resort directly at (305) 365-4500, a travel professional or visit The Ritz-Carlton Web site at: www.ritzcarlton.com.
About The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, LLC
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C., of Chevy Chase, Md., currently operates 88 hotels in the Americas, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and the Caribbean. More than 30 hotel and residential projects are under development around the globe. The Ritz-Carlton is the only service company to have twice earned the prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award which recognizes outstanding customer service. For more information or reservations, visit the company web site at www.ritzcarlton.com, and for the latest company updates, visit news.ritzcarlton.com. The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR).
TECHO is a 501 (c) 3 youth-led non-profit organization that seeks to overturn poverty in disadvantaged areas of Latin America by linking volunteers with local community leaders to transform slums into empowered communities. TECHO operates in 19 Latin American countries including Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, Paraguay, Panama, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela. Through community development programs, TECHO aims to create a poverty-free world. For more information visit www.techo.org/us
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2774266
Area Communications Manager
455 Grand Bay Drive
Key Biscayne, FL 33149
Tel: (305) 365-4208, Fax: (305) 365-4509