The University of Adelaide will again be embracing the festivities of Mad March in 2015, with both past and present students and staff showcasing their knowledge and talents to the wider community.
Adelaide Fringe (13 February-15 March):
- The Adelaide Law School’s Images of Justice photographic competition will be exhibited during the Fringe Festival, with entrants being judged on their creative interpretation of ‘Justice’.
- Radio Adelaide will broadcast live from the Fringe Parade on 13 February. They will also be featuring reviews, interviews and performances across the entire festival season, on air and online.
- The Barr Smith Library Reading Room will be a venue this year, hosting 16 Candles presented by the Lumina Vocal Ensemble, on 12 and 14 March.
- Elder Hall will host Invitation to the Dance presented by the Adelaide Wind Orchestra, on 7 March, and Spooky Men of the West and Women with Latitude, from 27 February to 1 March.
- Ben Darsow, graduate and comedian, will perform stand up at The Store from 4 March.
Adelaide Festival (27 February-15 March):
- Jessica Lloyd-Jones in conjunction with the University of Adelaide’s Microscopy Centre will participate in Blinc.
- Elder Hall will host Gavin Bryars Ensemble and Gavin Bryars Ensemble with Guests, 3 to 4 March.
Adelaide Festival Writers Week (28 February-5 March):
- The City of Salisbury, in partnership with the University of Adelaide, will host a free workshop for young people with award winning rapper, novelist and poet Omar Musa, on 27 February.
- English lecturer Professor Amanda Nettelbeck will host Van Diemen’s Land, on 28 February
- Graduate Jared Thomas, an award-winning author and academic, will present in Some Summer on 1 March, with fellow author Peter Walker, in a session chaired by University of Adelaide’s Dr Stephanie Hester.
- Research Fellow Dr Amy Matthews will chair On Collaboration, with Julian Davies and Phil Day, on 2 March.
- Former Prime Minister and University of Adelaide Honorary Professor, Julia Gillard, will present her memoir My Story, on 3 March.
- Adjunct Professor Peter Goldsworthy, from the University of Adelaide’s J.M Coetzee Centre for Creative Practise, will host Poetry Reading, on 3 March.
- Research Leader Dr Jon Jureidini from the Robinson Research Institute will chair My Palestine, on 5 March.
Media and Communications Officer
The University of Adelaide
Phone: +61 8 8313 3173
Mobile: +61 457 537 677