IRVINE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division (Toshiba - www.telecom.toshiba.com) today announced its Hybrid Cloud Networking solution has won a 2015 INTERNET TELEPHONY Product of the Year Award from TMC, a global, integrated media company. The winners of the 2015 INTERNET TELEPHONY Product of the Year are featured in the 2015 January/February issue of INTERNET TELEPHONY magazine and online at www.itmag.com.
"It gives me great pleasure to recognize Toshiba with a 2015 Product of the Year Award for its commitment to excellence and innovation," said Rich Tehrani, CEO, TMC. "Toshiba's Hybrid Cloud Networking Solution is among the best communications and technology solutions available on the market."
"We are honored to receive the 2015 Internet Telephony Product of the Year Award for Toshiba's Hybrid Cloud Networking solution," said Brian Metherell, vice president and general manager of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division.
Toshiba's Hybrid Cloud Networking solution enables users of Toshiba's premises-based IPedge® and Strata® CIX and cloud-based VIPedge® business telephone solutions to network their systems together for a fully integrated communications solution. Networking on-premises and cloud systems provide users with a robust hybrid business communication solution that helps users expand features and reduce costs while utilizing the deployment platforms of their choice.
- Reduced costs - With networking among Toshiba's on-premises and cloud platforms, Toshiba's users gain a robust solution that helps them reduce costs while enabling internal calling and advanced call processing features across their locations.
- Single Vendor Solution - Toshiba delivers a comprehensive single-vendor telephone, application, and SIP trunk solution for equipment and services across on-premises and cloud.
- Feature Transparency - Toshiba's hybrid solution provides feature transparency and networked applications and minimizes interoperability issues that can occur when using a mix of equipment from different vendors and service providers.
- Easily Add New Users and Locations - Existing users of Toshiba's IPedge and Strata CIX systems can easily network with Toshiba's VIPedge to add new users and locations with minimum upfront capital expense.
- Easy Upgrades with Minimum Costs - Toshiba delivers the ability for its installed base of Strata CTX and CIX users to upgrade processors and firmware as required and network to VIPedge to add new users and locations with minimum upfront capital expense.
- Direct Dialing - Toshiba's internal dialing enables direct-extension dialing across the network.
- Mobility - Toshiba's IPMobility enables calling across the network and puts your desk phone in your pocket.
- Advanced Call Processing - Toshiba delivers feature transparency leveraging the same Toshiba IP networking across premises-based Strata CIX and IPedge and cloud-based VIPedge business telephone solutions.
- Free Local and Long Distance Calling with Toshiba's SIP Trunking I-VoIP - When combined with Toshiba's SIP Trunking I-VoIP Service (SIP Trunking) for IPedge and Strata CIX, users are able to make free local and long distance calls among all their sites throughout the 48 continental states, regardless of the locations of Toshiba's on-premises or cloud-based business telephone solutions.
About INTERNET TELEPHONY magazine
INTERNET TELEPHONY has been the IP Communications Authority since 1998?. Beginning with the first issue, INTERNET TELEPHONY magazine has been providing unbiased views of the complicated converged communications space. For more information, please visit www.itmag.com. Follow INTERNET TELEPHONY magazine on Twitter or join our LinkedIn group. Subscribe or visit www.itmag.com.
TMC is a global, integrated media company that supports clients' goals by building communities in print, online, and face to face. TMC publishes multiple magazines including Cloud Computing, M2M Evolution, Customer, and Internet Telephony. TMCnet is the leading source of news and articles for the communications and technology industries, and is read by as many as 1.5 million unique visitors monthly. TMC produces a variety of trade events, including ITEXPO, the world's leading business technology event, as well as industry events: Asterisk World; AstriCon; ChannelVision (CVx) Expo; Cloud4SMB Expo; Customer Experience (CX) Hot Trends Symposium; DevCon5 - HTML5 & Mobile App Developer Conference; LatinComm Conference and Expo; M2M Evolution Conference & Expo; Mobile Payment Conference; Software Telco Congress; Super Wi-Fi Summit - The Global Spectrum Sharing and TV White Space Event; SIP Trunking, Unified Communications & WebRTC Seminars; Wearable Tech Conference & Expo III; Fitness and Sports Wearable Technology (FAST) Expo II, WebRTC Conference & Expo IV; and more. For more information about TMC, please visit www.tmcnet.com.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc.
Telecommunication Systems Division (TSD)
Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division is one of the four business units of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS) and offers business communication solutions for SMB enterprises and enterprises with multi-site or regional locations. Toshiba's VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution supports up to 500 users, and the IPedge and Strata CIX systems support from 8 to 1,000 users and offer Voice over IP, voice mail and unified messaging, conferencing and collaboration, unified communications applications, networking, mobility and more. Together with Toshiba's PCs, tablets, copiers, and surveillance video cameras/recorders, Toshiba's Telecommunication Systems Division helps enterprises maximize business efficiency in communications and mobility. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. For more information, visit www.Telecom.Toshiba.com.
Toshiba Corporation, a Fortune 500 company, channels world-class capabilities in advanced electronic and electrical product and systems into five strategic business domains: Energy & Infrastructure, Community Solutions, Healthcare Systems & Services, Electronic Devices & Components, and Lifestyles Products & Services. Guided by the principles of The Basic Commitment of the Toshiba Group, "Committed to People, Committed to the Future", Toshiba promotes global operations towards securing "Growth Through Creativity and Innovation", and is contributing to the achievement of a world in which people everywhere live in safe, secure and comfortable society. Founded in Tokyo in 1875, today's Toshiba is at the heart of a global network of over 590 consolidated companies employing over 200,000 people worldwide, with annual sales surpassing 6.5 trillion yen (US$63 billion). To find out more about Toshiba, visit www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
For additional information, or to purchase Toshiba telecommunication products, visit http://www.telecom.toshiba.com for an Authorized Toshiba Dealer.
To subscribe to the Toshiba Telecom Blog, visit http://blog.telecom.toshiba.com/.
Follow us on Facebook (ToshibaPhoneSystems), Twitter (toshibaphonesys) and LinkedIn (Toshiba-telecommunication-systems-division).
© 2015 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including, without limitation, product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.
Toshiba PR Contact: Teri Sawyer T&Co. 714-801-1687 Email Contact TMC Contact: Rebecca Conyngham Marketing Manager 203-852-6800, ext. 287 Email Contact