Newest Version of SOTI Enterprise Mobility Management Strengthens Unified Endpoint Management for the Connected Enterprise
MISSISSAUGA, ON - SOTI Inc., the world's leading provider of Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy management, today announced the general availability of SOTI MobiControl 12. The newest version of SOTI's enterprise mobility management platform drives down total cost of ownership for businesses relying on mobility to deliver efficiencies across an entire organization, and extends remote management capabilities to smart peripherals for the connected enterprise.
In addition to the overall reduction of mobility costs, SOTI MobiControl 12 introduces a host of key features:
- Elimination or minimization of common mobile device deployment and management tasks, allowing rapid zero-intervention provisioning, policy administration and the ability to assign configurations over-the-air based on a broad range of criteria or LDAP attributes. This saves businesses up to $100 per device in provisioning costs.
- Quick device provisioning and remote support for next-generation Zebra Technologies peripherals. SOTI offers the industry's tightest integration with Zebra, which minimizes downtime because of the ability to manage device profiles and spin up new devices remotely.
- Enhanced and broadened support for Apple, Kyocera, Lenovo, Sony, LG, Samsung, Zebra Motorola APIs, as well as Windows Phone 8.1.
- Over-the-air device configurations for email, WiFi, VPN etc. at a granular level based on various criteria including device properties, custom attributes and data, and more. This takes the burden off IT as users can now enroll their own devices quickly with zero IT intervention through a simple URL.
- An updated user experience that optimizes device management across operating systems using advanced profiles and policies.
A long-time major North American airline customer of SOTI, and a beta participant of MobiControl 12, currently has more than 40,000 Android and Apple mobile devices in use including flight crew iPads and more, as well as rugged barcode scanners and Zebra printers. This latest release greatly bolsters its use of cross-platform devices to ensure on-time arrival and departure of flights. The ability to manage devices and provide remote IT support ensures it can optimize flight operations, enhance employee productivity, and deliver superior customer experiences. MobiControl 12 delivers the convenience and versatility it needs in order to manage and support its users and ensure maximum device uptime, which is critical to its business and passengers.
The ability to serve customers better is not the only business advantage from MobiControl 12. Research from VDC(1) shows that the process for provisioning a new mobile device can easily surpass $100 per device. MobiControl 12 eliminates upwards of 90% of that cost with the integration of MobiControl Stage, a rapid provisioning feature that allows for immediate "out-of-the-box" device set up. This integrated feature expedites enrollment and configuration via barcode scanning across multiple forms of input (camera, scanner, third party apps). The employee's device is fully configured and enrolled into MobiControl with the correct configuration for immediate use.
"We've reduced the overall total cost of ownership and nearly eliminated the provisioning costs for mobility with MobiControl 12. This delivers a value proposition to businesses that can't be matched," SOTI CEO Carl Rodrigues said. "The ability to manage the overall workflow across an entire organization while also offering end-user benefits means that businesses utilizing MobiControl 12 will not only save money, but they'll have more productive and more secure employees. Ultimately this allows businesses to use a robust mobile strategy to drive improved customer experiences."
Businesses looking to bolster their mobility strategies and enable a mobile-optimized workforce can trial SOTI MobiControl 12 now.
For more information on SOTI MobiControl 12, please visit www.soti.net.
About SOTI Inc.
SOTI is the world's most trusted provider of Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions, with over 14,000 enterprise customers and millions of devices managed worldwide. SOTI's innovative portfolio of solutions and services provide the tools organizations need to truly mobilize their operations and optimize their mobility investments. SOTI's flagship product, MobiControl, allows enterprises to enable, optimize and secure their mobile workforce across all platforms to support corporate-liable and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policies. SOTI extends secure mobility management beyond basic MDM to provide a total, flexible solution for comprehensive management and security of all mobile devices deployed in an organization.
(1) Source: VDC Report: Total Cost of Ownership Models For Mobile Computing and Communication Platforms