Debuting at CES, Venstar's Voyager Thermostats Are Priced to Fit Any Budget; Voyager's Rich Feature Set Enables Users to Reduce Energy Costs With Local or Remote Operation via "Internet of Things" Wi-Fi, ZigBee and Z-Wave
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwired) -- CES - Venstar®, a leading thermostat and energy management systems supplier, today announced the availability of its new value-priced Voyager line of residential and commercial thermostats. The new Voyager thermostats are debuting at CES at the ZigBee Alliance in the Home Automation Pavilion (Booth #71023, Sands Convention Center) and the Z-Wave Alliance Pavilion (Booth #21000, Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall 1).
"Ease of use and affordability are big factors for today's business and residential owners -- especially for those managing temperature and energy usage in multiple locations," said Steve Dushane, president and CEO of Venstar Inc. "Venstar's new line of Voyager thermostats puts the latest in fully featured, connected indoor comfort control within reach."
Voyager offers users connectivity and the convenience of rich features in seven new models, each with its own set of features and affordable price points. The new Voyager thermostats are scheduled to be available in the first quarter of 2015 through a network of distributors with tens of thousands of contractors throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico.
Optional wireless modules include Wi-Fi®, ZigBee and Z-Wave, making the Voyager the most flexible and affordable thermostat solution for Internet of Things. Users can access their thermostats via Apple®, Android? and BlackBerry® devices using the Venstar Skyport? Cloud Services mobile app. The free mobile app enables users to create an account and then set up and control their thermostats directly from their mobile devices. Using the Skyport Cloud Services mobile application on their smartphones or tablet computers, users can access their Voyager thermostats to remotely control their energy usage and reduce energy costs from any location at any time.
Venstar Voyager commercial and residential thermostats are compatible with gas, electric or heat pump HVAC systems, including multi-stage systems.
- Large, easy-to-read display with:
- Scrolling information for easy setup
- Adjustable backlight intensity
- Backlit, color-coded buttons and legends
- Bi-color LED that indicates a heating or cooling demand
- Choice of Fahrenheit or Celsius display
- Display that can show dealer name, phone number and service alerts
- Choice of English, Spanish or French
- HVAC system integration, including:
- Dry contact input
- Outdoor sensor ready
- Compatibility with condensate overflow warning systems by showing a lockout compressor message on the display
- Keypad Lock
- Non-volatile memory
- Wi-Fi, ZigBee and Z-Wave capable with optional accessory
- Automated Demand Response (ADR) ready
There are three models of Voyager residential thermostats, all of which feature "Simple as You Want" operation with a choice of 7-day, 5+2 day or 1-day programming.
- Model T3700 features 2 heat, 1 cool stages.
- Model T3800 features 4 heat, 1 cool stages plus control to monitor a second temperature sensor, set point limiting and smart recovery.
- Model T3900 is dual fuel capable, controls humidification/dehumidification and lockout auxiliary heat based on outdoor temperature.
There are three models of Voyager commercial thermostats, plus a model designed specifically for the school environment, all of which are Title 24 compliant and offer Random Start functionality.
- Model T4700 is non-programmable and features 2-heat and 2-cool functionality with set point limiting.
- Model T4800 features "Simple as You Want" operation with a choice of 7-day, 5+1+1 day or 1-day programming with up to three occupied periods per day.
- Model T4900 includes all of the T4800 features plus the ability to control or monitor a second temperature sensor, controls humidification/dehumidification, and Energy Watch functionality.
- Model T4900SCH has unique programming and security capabilities specifically designed for the classroom.
For more information about Venstar's Voyager thermostats, please visit: http://www.venstar.com/Thermostats/
For product videos, visit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8reHhhLdMQ
About Venstar Inc.
Founded in 1992, Venstar Inc. is a leading thermostat and energy management system (EMS) supplier, known for providing value to its customers via ease of use and installation, proven cost savings, improved energy efficiency, quality and reliability. Venstar is one of the largest thermostat suppliers in the world and designs and produces Venstar-branded products, as well as OEM thermostat products for the biggest names in HVAC. Venstar's Surveyor is a leading energy management system, typically saving small-box retailers 25-35 percent of their energy costs, which translates to tens of millions of dollars in savings each year and dramatic reductions in CO2 emissions. Surveyor currently controls the energy usage of more than 22,000+ retail locations across the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and Mexico.
Visit Venstar: www.venstar.com
PR Contacts: Teri Sawyer T&Co. 714-536-8407 Email Contact Michele Johnsen T&Co. 818-618-1314 Email Contact