IRVINE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division (Toshiba -- www.telecom.toshiba.com) today announced that its VIPedge® cloud-based business telephone solution is now eligible for the national E-Rate Program. Providing $2.25 billion annually to public and non-profit K-12 schools, as well as all public and many private libraries, the E-Rate program is designed to help U.S. schools and libraries obtain affordable telecommunications and Internet access. E-Rate discounts range from 20 to 70 percent of the cost of eligible voice services based on the location and income levels of the school or library.
"Thousands of schools nationwide currently have Toshiba's IPedge® and Strata® CIX on-premises business telephone systems. Toshiba's VIPedge cloud-based solution is now eligible for the E-Rate program and is available to schools and libraries at a significant discount," said Brian Metherell, vice president and general manager of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division. "All of the Toshiba systems can be networked together for a Hybrid Cloud solution, enabling a comprehensive, integrated solution for schools, school districts and libraries."
Toshiba's VIPedge delivers the advantages of Toshiba's IPedge business telephone system in the cloud without needing to purchase an entire telephone system. Benefits of Toshiba's VIPedge include:
- Smooth Transition to Hosted Cloud Solution -- Installation, implementation, training and management are provided by Toshiba and its Authorized Dealers for a smooth transition to the cloud.
- Elimination of the Need for an On-site Telephone System -- Hosted cloud telephony eliminates the need for an on-premises telephone system, reducing equipment costs and virtually eliminating on-site maintenance.
- Single or Multi-site Deployment -- VIPedge supports up to 500 users in single or multi-site deployments and is scalable to meet system size and usage needs.
- Seamless Single-vendor Solution -- VIPedge delivers an integrated solution that is designed to work seamlessly without the possible interoperability issues that may occur with multiple vendors.
- Ease of System Management -- With VIPedge, authorized administrators can easily manage the system through a web portal.
- Unified Communications Across All Device Types -- Toshiba's UCedge? puts your desktop business phone in your pocket by turning your Android? or iOS® smartphones or tablets into multimedia office productivity tools.
- Unified Messaging -- Users can receive voice messages and faxes in their email in-boxes for a single source of incoming messages.
- Hybrid Cloud Networking -- VIPedge can be networked with existing IPedge and Strata CIX VoIP on-premises telephone systems, enabling current Toshiba users to expand on existing equipment.
- Migration From Existing Toshiba Systems -- Current users of Toshiba's IPedge and Strata CIX systems can easily migrate to VIPedge and continue to use their IP telephones, significantly reducing the cost for endpoints.
- Disaster Recovery and Survivability -- VIPedge has built-in disaster recovery, ensuring that phone lines stay live in the case of a disaster or power outage.
- Affordable Monthly Fee -- Choosing VIPedge eliminates the capital expenditure of an on-premises telephone system while delivering virtually all the features and functionality at an affordable monthly fee.
- Renowned Toshiba Quality and Reliability -- Toshiba's VIPedge delivers the quality and reliability for which Toshiba is known, including clarity of calls, dependable telephony and durable handsets.
Commonly known as E-Rate, the Universal Service Fund (USF) Program is administered by the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC), which is under the direction of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). For more information on the E-Rate program, visit:
E-Rate Program Overview:
Schools and Libraries Eligible Services List:
E-Rate Program Deadlines:
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc.
Telecommunication Systems Division (TSD)
Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division is one of the four business units of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS) and offers business communication solutions for SMB enterprises and enterprises with multi-site or regional locations. Toshiba's VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution supports up to 500 users, and the IPedge and Strata CIX systems support from 8 to 1,000 users and offer Voice over IP, voice mail and unified messaging, conferencing and collaboration, unified communications applications, networking, mobility and more. Together with Toshiba's PCs, tablets, copiers, and surveillance video cameras/recorders, Toshiba's Telecommunication Systems Division helps enterprises maximize business efficiency in communications and mobility. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. For more information, visit www.Telecom.Toshiba.com.
Toshiba Corporation, a Fortune 500 company, channels world-class capabilities in advanced electronic and electrical product and systems into five strategic business domains: Energy & Infrastructure, Community Solutions, Healthcare Systems & Services, Electronic Devices & Components, and Lifestyles Products & Services. Guided by the principles of The Basic Commitment of the Toshiba Group, "Committed to People, Committed to the Future," Toshiba promotes global operations towards securing "Growth Through Creativity and Innovation," and is contributing to the achievement of a world in which people everywhere live in safe, secure and comfortable society. Founded in Tokyo in 1875, today's Toshiba is at the heart of a global network of over 590 consolidated companies employing over 200,000 people worldwide, with annual sales surpassing 6.5 trillion yen (US$63 billion). To find out more about Toshiba, visit www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
For an Authorized Toshiba Dealer, visit: www.telecom.toshiba.com
To subscribe to the Toshiba Telecom Blog, visit http://blog.telecom.toshiba.com/.
Follow us on Facebook (ToshibaPhoneSystems), Twitter (toshibaphonesys) and LinkedIn (Toshiba-telecommunication-systems-division).
© 2014 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including, without limitation, product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.
Toshiba PR Contact: Teri Sawyer T&Co. 714-801-1687 Email Contact