Which Celebrity-Famed Aisle Will You Walk Down?
TORONTO, ON -- (Marketwired) -- Thinking about a destination wedding? Well, no one does over the top or superbly subtle as well as Hollywood. You may not have a team of planners, designers and an unlimited budget, but Cheapflights.ca, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, is here with a short list of Top 10 Celebrity Wedding Destinations to help you plan a celebration fit for the stars. From civil unions to church extravaganzas, these gorgeous locations can create the perfect backdrop for you special day. And, if your pockets aren't as deep as say, George Clooney's, we've provided some attainable alternatives too. Find the right spot to tie-the-knot with a little help from Cheapflights.ca.
Here are five picture-perfect locations to start:
- George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin, Venice, Italy - Many hearts were broken when George Clooney's bachelor days officially ended. And, although we are happy for George and Amal, it is hard not to be jealous of their beautiful wedding in Venice. Venice is a dramatic destination to start a life together, and there is never a bad time of year to get married there. The Donà Palace Hotel boasts restored historical features that will take your breath away, and this is just one of the many beautiful places you can get married in Venice.
- Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge, Westminster Abbey, London, England - Most people would agree that Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge's wedding was as close to a real life fairy-tale as we'll see and, boy, it did not disappoint. An estimated two billion viewers (a bigger global audience than the Olympics) had their eyes glued to television screens, and many probably went to bed dreaming of their own fairy-tale wedding. Unfortunately, most people do not have the qualifications to get married at Westminster Abbey, but that doesn't mean you can't have your own "royal" wedding. Winchester Cathedral (an hour's drive from London) offers the same "royal" atmosphere that Westminster Abbey provides. But, if your heart is set on getting married at Westminster Abbey, Prince Harry is still single...
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds, Boone Hall Plantation, Charleston, South Carolina, United States - Do you dream of a rustic wedding with nature as your only backdrop? Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds sure did, which is why they married at Boone Hall Plantation in Charleston, South Carolina. Boone Hall Plantation is one of America's oldest working plantations and makes for an unforgettable wedding venue. The Cotton Dock is their most popular venue with a rustic building set on the banks of Boone Creek, but be sure to look at all their venue options to find the perfect setting for your perfect day.
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner, Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos - Ben and Jennifer had the right idea when deciding to wed on this beautiful tropical island. Turks and Caicos has an abundance of unspoiled beaches that you can use as your wedding backdrop, and what's best is that you can combine your wedding with your honeymoon. Many resorts offer wedding and honeymoon packages to choose from so you can pick what is best for you, whether it be a private ceremony for two or a big celebration with everyone you know. Check out Alexandra Resort, Tuscany Resort or just find the perfect spot on the beach to say "I do".
- Sir Elton John and David Furnish, Windsor Guildhall, Berkshire, England - After 12 years together, Sir Elton John and David Furnish tied the knot with a civil partnership ceremony at The Windsor Guildhall. This historic building, which was designed by Sir Thomas Fitz, is filled with charm and is perfect for anyone looking for a wedding full of with culture. The Guildhall Chamber is available for wedding ceremonies on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays and can accommodate up to 100 of your loved ones.
Looking for more star-studded ideas? Check out these other hot venues that round out our list: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, Forte di Belvedere, Florence, Italy; Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, Chateau Miraval, France; Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban, Cardinal Cerretti Memorial Chapel, Sydney, Australia; Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi, Los Angeles, California, United States; and David and Victoria Beckham, Luttrellstown Castle, County Dublin, Ireland. For a full description of each luxurious locale, visit: www.cheapflights.ca/news/top-10-celebrity-wedding-destinations.
About Cheapflights.ca part of the Momondo Group
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 17.5 million visitors a month -- plus 7 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.ca) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across more than 25 core international markets but users all over the world.
Contact Information: Cheapflights.ca Tel: +1 617-830-2420 E-mail: Email Contact Website: http://www.cheapflights.ca Sousie Weston Tel: +1-416-618-2875 E-mail: Email Contact Website: www.cheapflights.ca