Take the Plunge in One of These Star-Studded Venues
BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwired) -- As George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin wed in true Hollywood style in Venice, Italy, this past weekend, the team at Cheapflights.com, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, was at work compiling a list of places where you too can tie the knot like a star. Our Top 10 Celebrity Wedding Destinations walks you down the aisle of some of the most exclusive and glamorous venues chosen by the crème de la crème of Hollywood. And, to keep it real, the list offers some alternatives that make wedding planning in these locales a reality.
Here are five other celeb-approved wedding spots to get you planning:
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, Chateau Miraval, France - Finally! The world has waited years for this wedding and it was just as beautiful as we imagined it would be. Brangelina exchanged vows at Chateau Miraval, a 1,200 acre estate in the village of Correns, France. They have called this place home for a number of years now, making it nearly impossible to book it for your own personal wedding. However, there are many beautiful places in the Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur region of France such as the Chateau Val Joanis where you can wed among vineyards, beautiful gardens and courtyards.
- Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge, Westminster Abbey, London, England - Most people would agree that Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge's wedding was as close to a real life fairy-tale as we'll see and, boy, it did not disappoint. An estimated two billion viewers (a bigger global audience that the Olympics) had their eyes glued to television screens, and many probably went to bed dreaming of their own fairy-tale wedding. Unfortunately, most people do not have the qualifications to get married at Westminster Abbey, but that doesn't mean you can't have your own "royal" wedding. Winchester Cathedral (an hour's drive from London) offers the same "royal" atmosphere that Westminster Abbey provides. But, if your heart is set on getting married at Westminster Abbey, Prince Harry is still single...
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds, Boone Hall Plantation, Charleston, South Carolina, United States - Do you dream of a rustic wedding with nature as your only backdrop? Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds sure did, which is why they married at Boone Hall Plantation in Charleston, South Carolina. Boone Hall Plantation is one of America's oldest working plantations and makes for an unforgettable wedding venue. The Cotton Dock is their most popular venue with a rustic building set on the banks of Boone Creek, but be sure to look at all their venue options to find the perfect setting for your perfect day.
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, Forte di Belvedere, Florence, Italy - Your dreams will come true in the heart of the area that sparked the Renaissance. Start your life together in the enchantingly beautiful Tuscan region of Italy and discover a plethora of romantic backdrops for your special day. Whether you want to get married in a castle, at a vineyard or on an estate, Tuscany will not disappoint (to be honest, no region in Italy will disappoint). Consider the Red Hall of the Palazzo Vecchio for a traditional and romantic Italian wedding or check out a villa, such as the Historic Villa, for a truly intimate and unforgettable time.
- Sir Elton John and David Furnish, Windsor Guildhall, Berkshire, England - After 12 years together, Sir Elton John and David Furnish tied the knot with a civil partnership ceremony at The Windsor Guildhall. This historic building, which was designed by Sir Thomas Fitz, is filled with charm and is perfect for anyone looking for a wedding steeped in culture. The Guildhall Chamber is available for wedding ceremonies on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays and can accommodate up to 100 of your loved ones.
Looking for more celebrity venue ideas? Check out these other hot locations that round out our list: George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin, Venice, Italy; Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban, Cardinal Cerretti Memorial Chapel, Sydney, Australia; Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi, Los Angeles, California, United States; David and Victoria Beckham, Luttrellstown Castle, County Dublin, Ireland; and Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner, Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos. For a full description of each luxurious locale, visit: www.cheapflights.com/news/top-10-celebrity-wedding-destinations.
About Cheapflights.com part of the Momondo Group
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 17.5 million visitors a month -- plus 7 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.com) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across more than 25 core international markets but users all over the world.
Contact Information: Cheapflights.com Tel: +1 617-830-2420 E-mail: Email Contact Website: http://www.cheapflights.com Sousie Weston Tel: +1-416-618-2875 E-mail: Email Contact Website: www.cheapflights.com