MEDIA ALERT - SEPTEMBER 23, 2014
- Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, UN Women
- Mary Robinson, Mary Robinson Foundation – Climate Justice
- Ban Ki-moon, UN Secretary General
- Michelle Bachelet, President, Chile
- Christiana Figueres, UNFCCC Executive Secretary
- Rachel Kyte, World Bank Special Climate Envoy
1 Million Women
Founded in mid 2009, 1 Million Women has grown into one of the largest non-political women's organisations in Australia. It’s one of the largest member-based environmental charities, with over 131,000 members, 83,000+ on Facebook and over 30,000 women and girls having attended one of its events.
1 Million Women’s founding goal is to engage 1 million women to collectively cut 1 million tonnes of greenhouse gas pollution, with each member committing to cut 1 tonne from their daily lives within a year of joining the campaign.
1 Million Women website http://1millionwomen.com.au
On Twitter @1millionwomen