Berlin Marriott Hotel Host Site for Marriott International Trainee Conference
BERLIN, GERMANY -- (Marketwired) -- "These Young People are the Future" was the motto for Marriott International's 11th Trainee Conference held August 25 in the Berlin Marriott Hotel.
Hosting senior management teams and third-year trainees, the Berlin conference hotel was the site for learning through intensive discussions between the groups concerning career opportunities and future prospects of Marriott International. Making use of the hotel's state-of-the-art meeting space in downtown Berlin, Germany, topics centered on development programs, training support and transfer opportunities abroad with workshops and presentations throughout the day.
The 68 invited trainees attending represented the best of about 500 trainees from 25 Marriott Hotels, Renaissance Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott and Ritz-Carlton hotels in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
"Year after year, it is our great pleasure and of course a challenge to take our young people entrusted to us by the hand and accompany them on their way to their future careers and to coach them," said Gitta Brückmann, Area Vice President Central Europe while attending the event at the Berlin hotel Potsdamer Platz.
"The goal of the trainee conference is to demonstrate career opportunities, opportunities for personal and professional development and opportunities at Marriott," continued Brückmann, patron of the annual event, who also noted that to achieve this goal experienced staff and managers were on hand to answer all kinds of questions about the hotel industry from the ambitious young professionals.
The conference for trainees at Marriott International is regularly the highlight of three years of training in specialized areas such as hotel management and hotel sales management, chef, restaurant management, event specialist, pastry as well as for the dual degree program at universities of cooperative education.
The conference was followed by a gala honoring the trainees at The Ritz-Carlton, Berlin where the following awards were presented:
- Twelve "100% Trainee Awards" honoring "the best of the best".
- The coveted "Karl Kilburg Award" which includes a twelve-month job in a U.S. hotel of the Marriott group including flights, insurance and visas won by the aspiring hotel manager Milena Linninger from the Munich Marriott Airport Hotel;
- The "Culinary Award", a one-week internship at the restaurant Aqua under the guidance of Chef Sven Elverfeld at The Ritz-Carlton, Wolfsburg won by chef trainee Stefan Pirner from the Vienna Marriott Hotel;
- Four "Special Recognition" awards, each endowed with 1,000 euros for part-time, subject-specific career development or for costs that may arise due to a work-related move within the Marriott Group, won by future hotel manager Natasha Hofer and BA student Lisa Jentsch from the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel; the soon-to-be hotel sales manager Philipp Karl from the Heidelberg Marriott Hotel, and chef trainee Dominick Walckenhorst from the Hannover Maschsee Courtyard by Marriott.
- Chef trainee Ethem Berisha from SOS Vocational Training Centre Berlin received a "Special Recognition" award, a one-week internship at the Restaurant am Steinplatz in the newly opened Hotel am Steinplatz Berlin, Autograph Collection.
- Jil Baudler from the Renaissance Dusseldorf Hotel and Melissa Füglister from the Zurich Marriott also received a "Special Recognition" Award, a two week Internship at the JW Marriott Grosvenor House London.
Marriott is also active on social media in terms of career and development of young professionals. Interested people can find Marriott news, relevant education and training information, as well as potential career opportunities on YouTube and Facebook: www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-w7lcpXTqM&feature=youtu.be
About the Berlin Marriott Hotel
The Berlin Marriott Hotel is a vibrant new destination that welcomes guests with contemporary accommodations, classic elegance and exceptional service. Conveniently located at Potsdamer Platz, guests find themselves in the heart of some of Berlin's finest shopping, dining and attractions. Situated near Marlene Dietrich Platz, the Berlin hotel is also within walking distance of the city's historic Brandenburg Gate. On-site amenities include a 24-hour fitness centre with an indoor pool and a full-service business centre for the convenience of hotel guests. The hotel is also home to Germany's first fashion bar, the CATWALK, and the popular Midtown Grill, an American-style steakhouse. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, guests are sure to find everything needed for an unforgettable hotel experience.
CONTACT: Berlin Marriott Hotel Inge-Beisheim-Platz 1 Berlin Berlin 10785 Germany 49-30-220000 http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bermc-berlin-marriott-hotel/