Australian innovators have the opportunity to fast track their patent application in 16 other IP offices around the world as a result of the ongoing success of the Global Patent Prosecution Highway (GPPH) pilot.
he GPPH pilot program provides several benefits for Australian applicants seeking fast tracked examination overseas. These benefits are predominantly seen through the GPPH framework, which provides access to a large number of participating IP offices with common Patent Prosecution Highway criteria and principles.
Since its inception in January, Australian applicants have used the GPPH to accelerate examination in the United States of America, Canada, Japan and the United Kingdom.
The GPPH also allows patent applicants from any of the 16 other participating countries to request accelerated examination in Australia. Applicants from the United States of America and Japan are currently the largest users of the GPPH in Australia.
The following patent offices / countries are participating in the GPPH pilot:
- Canadian Intellectual Property Office
- Danish Patent and Trademark Office
- Hungarian Intellectual Property Office
- Icelandic Intellectual Property Office
- Intellectual Property Australia
- Israel Patent Office
- National Board of Patents and Registration of Finland
- Japan Patent Office
- Korean Intellectual Property Office
- Nordic Patent Institute
- Norwegian Industrial Property Office
- Portuguese Institute of Industrial Property
- Russian Federal Service for Intellectual Property
- Spanish Patent and Trademark Office
Learn more about the GPPH and how Australian innovators can benefit from this: http://www.ipaustralia.gov.au/get-the-right-ip/patents/patent-application-process/examination-under-the-patent-prosecution-highway/