SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- Today ValueSelling Associates, Inc. announced that it has been included on the 2014 list of the Top 20 Sales Training Companies that excel in helping sales leaders improve the performance of their sales teams. The list appears in the July issue of Selling Power magazine, which will be available to subscribers the first week of July.
At least two considerations about the current state of business-to-business (B2B) selling influenced the selection process for the 2014 Top 20 Sales Training Companies list.
1) B2B buyers start their purchasing journey, not by contacting companies, but by going online to research products, watch demos, and get pricing information. In fact, some B2B sales and marketing experts estimate that 92 percent of B2B buyers begin the purchasing journey by first conducting online research.
2) Buyers tend to trust their peers on social networks more than they trust brands. As buyers move to social media for referrals and feedback, sales organizations are left out of the loop. According to IDG Connect, 86 percent of B2B IT buyers are currently using social networks as part of their purchasing-decision process.
The dual influences of online research and social networks have created various challenges for sales teams. According to Selling Power publisher and founder Gerhard Gschwandtner, sales training is a vital component in adapting to these changes in buyer behavior.
"A great sales-training program continues to be a staple of success for sales organizations," says Gschwandtner. "Now more than ever, sales leaders must make sure that salespeople are properly prepared to meet the expectations of today's socially and digitally connected buyer. Our list of the 2014 Top 20 Sales Training Companies serves as a guidepost for sales leaders who are looking for the training program that best fits their needs."
Each sales-training company featured on this year's list offers sales organizations the following benefits.
- Provides a consultative experience.
- Quantifies results with metrics.
- Offers customization and post-training support.
- Has a documented track record of ROI and customer satisfaction.
Here are the four main criteria Selling Power considered when selecting the top sales-training companies.
1) Depth and breadth of training offered
2) Innovative and new offerings (specific training courses or methodology) or delivery methods
3) Ability to customize offerings
4) Strength of client satisfaction
Selling Power editors say the firms included on the 2014 Top 20 Sales Training Companies list have "demonstrated an excellent awareness of the skills and tools required to succeed and remain competitive in today's selling environment."
About ValueSelling Associates, Inc.
ValueSelling Associates is the creator of the ValueSelling Framework®, a sales methodology that works with your existing method or independently. Since 1991, we've helped thousands of sales professionals increase their sales productivity. We offer customized training to FORTUNE 1000, mid-sized and start-up companies. Our proprietary sales training tools and consulting services deliver measurable results.
About Selling Power
In addition to Selling Power magazine, the leading periodical for sales managers and sales VPs since 1981, Selling Power Inc. produces the Sales Management Digest and Daily Boost of Positivity online newsletters, as well as a five-minute video series featuring interviews with top executives. Selling Power is a regular media sponsor of the Sales 2.0 Conference.
Media Contact: Chris Merullo ValueSelling Associates, Inc. P +1 858 759 3565 firstname.lastname@example.org