With Mothers’ Day approaching yet again, we are all scratching our heads at the perfect gift to get our Mums. But the answer could be simpler than first thought.
Melbourne homewares expert Brianna O’Neil said that the most popular present this Mothers’ Day, is the gift of saying thank you.
“According to a survey commissioned by Procter & Gamble, Australian mums prefer gratitude over flowers, clothing and jewellery,” said Ms O’Neil.
“The study also showed that although sixty eight per cent of Australians think Mums should be thanked every day, they rarely get around to it. Only forty eight per cent of Mums have actually been thanked on Mothers’ Day,” she said.
"And the next most popular request by Mums, according to a study surveying 150 mums by sheknows.com, is the gift of time.
"Whether it be time alone to relax and take a bath, or time with the family, Mums rarely have time to put themselves first.” she said, “but sometimes they may need a little prodding in the form of a voucher or arranged babysitter.
“If you can combine these two, you will be well on the way to giving Mum a day to feel special.”
Ms O’Neil recommended the following Mums’ Day treats –
• Breakfast in Bed – It may sound cliché but giving Mum a well deserved sleep in followed by breakfast in bed and her favourite beverage is a great way to start the day.
• Pamper Pack – Spa treatments, pedicures and massages are items that busy Mums are unlikely to treat themselves too. They give her time to herself to relax and feel good. Find out what she likes first or you risk it going to waste.
• Hired Help – Why not hire a cleaner to take care of the housework so Mum can enjoy a day of shopping with the girls or a day out with the family guilt free?
• Personalised Gifts – There are plenty of ways to personalise gifts in this age of digital printing. Have the kids draw some pictures especially for Mum and have them printed on a mug, cushion or canvas.
• A Hug – It doesn’t cost a cent and is guaranteed to put a smile on her face.
“Giving Mum a great gift that makes her feel special this year is not as hard as first thought. As they say, it really is the thought that counts.”
hibernate is a Melbourne based and art and homewares online store. We specialise on typographic interpretations of iconic artists and musicians.
P: 0402 480 808