Euravia and Alpine Aerotech Agreement to Provide PT6T Engines and MRO Support in North America
MANCHESTER, ENGLAND--(Marketwired) -
Editors Note: There are two photos associated with this press release.
Euravia (Manchester, England), the leading PT6 repair and overhaul facility in Europe, recently signed a cooperation and consignment agreement with Alpine Aerotech LP (Kelowna, BC, Canada). Under this agreement, Alpine Aerotech will stock Euravia PT6T exchange and lease engines (Power Sections and Reduction Gearboxes) at its Abbotsford, BC facility, and provide related PT6 MRO support to North American customers.
"We have had a desire to support the PT6T engine for a long time," said Alpine Aerotech President Jim Campbell, "as it will allow us to offer one-stop support to our Bell 212 and 412 customers. We support pretty much everything else on these aircraft except for the engine - until now."
Euravia is well known and respected in Europe as a first choice supplier for helicopter and fixed wing PT6 engine support, including MRO services, engine and component exchanges and sales, and all manner of technical support. Euravia Managing Director Dennis Mendoros OBE has guided and developed the company into one of the most efficient and cost effective PT6 MRO organisations in the world, since it was founded in Manchester, UK in 1988.
"We are delighted to work with the team at Alpine Aerotech," said Mr Mendoros. "This agreement will deliver comprehensive support to PT6T operators in North America, and with a shared focus on best in class customer service, we're confident that we can firmly establish ourselves as the first choice solution for any Bell 212 or 412 requirement."
"I've known Dennis for several years, seen his state-of-the-art facility and talked to his customers - we couldn't ask for a better PT6 partner," said Mr Campbell. "We look forward to expanding this new relationship, and giving our customers convenient and cost effective overhauls and exchanges in this critical area."
Notes to Editors
About Euravia Engineering:
1. Euravia Engineering is a company registered in the United Kingdom (UK Reg: 2239011) offering Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) and Post Design services for a large range of turboprop and turboshaft jet engines - including P&WC PT6A & PT6T TwinPac® engines, Honeywell, Hamilton Sundstrand & Goodrich APU's. Euravia's capability also includes all relevant engines & airframe components and accessories.
2. Euravia's supports both Civil and Defence customers, ranging from small single engineturboshaft to advanced twin engine aircrafts and helicopters. Euravia's capability includes sophisticated turboshaft engines incorporating Electronic Engine Controllers (EEC).
4. Euravia operates from four factory units (on two sites) in Kelbrook, Lancashire.
5. Euravia has been a MOD UK Prime Contractor since 1989.
6. Euravia also offers Engineering Support Services including component & engine life assessment, reliability studies, component improvement programmes, design, manufacture, qualification and testing of special to type tooling plus the development of advanced computer systems for aerospace applications.
About Alpine Aerotech:
1. Alpine Aerotech is a Bell Helicopter approved Customer Service Facility (CSF) with over 135 employees, three facilities and 122,000 sq. ft. of MRO and manufacturing space in Kelowna and Abbotsford, BC, Canada.
2. In 2009, Alpine Aerotech was designated a Platinum Level CSF by Bell Helicopters. At that time, it was the only Canadian CSF so recognized and one of only six companies worldwide to achieve this distinction. Alpine Aerotech has continued to achieve Bell's Platinum level rating every year since.
3. In addition to MRO, Alpine Aerotech manufactures over 60 specialized Bell helicopter products ranging from stainless steel, aluminum and composite airframe parts to specialized mission equipment and maintenance tooling.
4. Over its 23 years, Alpine Aerotech has progressively and successfully grown its business through adherence to the simple principles of technical expertise in its chosen business, quality workmanship and delivering what it promises.
5. For further information about Alpine Aerotech, visit www.alpineaerotech.com or contact:
Euravia Engineering & Supply Co Ltd
Dennis G Mendoros OBE, DL, FRAeS