You know what they say about the customer always being right. Well, it’s that time of year again, when we reveal which businesses heeded this tried-and-true adage, and impressed their customers so much that their efforts deserve public recognition. Yes, Roy Morgan Research’s annual Customer Satisfaction Awards are back, and will be presented at a gala dinner this Thursday, 20 February.
The Awards recognise businesses that lead their industry in Customer Satisfaction — as judged by over 50,000 consumers and 22,000 business decision-makers throughout the year.
Honouring Australia’s best and brightest in the Banking and Insurance, Automotive, Retail, Quick Service Restaurants, Tourism and Travel, Utilities, Telecommunications, Supermarkets and Superannuation industries, Roy Morgan Research’s CEO, Michele Levine will present the following 39 Awards:
- Car Manufacturer of the Year
- Bank of the Year
- Building Society of the Year
- Credit Union of the Year
- General Insurer of the Year
- Major Bank of the Year
- Private Health Insurer of the Year
- Risk & Life Insurer of the Year
- Business Bank of the Year
- Business Insurer of the Year
- Business Superannuation Manager of the Year
- Major Business Bank of the Year
- Auto Store of the Year
- Chemist/Pharmacy of the Year
- Clothing Store of the Year
- Coffee Shop of the Year
- Department Store of the Year
- Discount Department Store of the Year
- Discount Variety Store of the Year
- Furniture/Electrical Store of the Year
- Hardware Store of the Year
- Music/Book Store of the Year
- Service Station of the Year
- Shoe Store of the Year
- Sports Store of the Year
- Industry Superannuation Fund of the Year
- Retail Superannuation Fund of the Year
- Supermarket of the Year
- Handset Provider of the Year
- Home Internet Service Provider of the Year
- Home Phone Provider of the Year
- Mobile Phone Service of the Year
- Domestic Airline of the Year
- Domestic Business Airline of the Year
- Hotel and Resort of the Year
- International Airline of the Year
- Electricity Provider of the Year
- Gas Provider of the Year
- Quick Service Restaurant of the Year
The Annual Customer Satisfaction Awards are based on 12 months of data from Roy Morgan’s Consumer Single Source survey, as well as Roy Morgan’s Business Single Source survey. These two large, nationwide studies provide a thorough and accurate way to identify and recognise Australia’s top businesses in Customer Satisfaction.
Michele Levine, CEO, Roy Morgan Research, says:
“The Roy Morgan Annual Customer Service Awards are a widely recognised, reliable barometer of consumer and business satisfaction with companies from a range of key industries.
“You can’t ‘enter’ the Awards or apply to be measured. There’s no fee to pay. But if enough of our Single Source respondents tell us they’re satisfied over the course of a year, your brand will be a deserving contender.
“In an era where consumers can voice their approval (or otherwise) across multiple social networking platforms used by thousands of prospective customers, businesses cannot afford to fall short. These Awards celebrate those who have successfully and sustainedly worked to provide their clients with a level of satisfaction that elevates them above the competition.”
We have delivered this press release via the Newsmaker media distribution service. If you would like to browse our extensive archive of detailed research findings please visit our website. To stay up-to-date with all our latest research findings you may also join our free weekly newsletter.
Roy Morgan Research
Roy Morgan Research is Australia’s best known and longest established market research and public opinion survey company. Roy Morgan Single Source is thorough, accurate, and provides comprehensive, directly applicable information about current and future customers. It is unique in that it directs all the questions to each individual from a base survey sample of around 55,000 interviews in Australia and 15,000 interviews in New Zealand annually - the largest Single Source databases in the world. The questions asked relate to lifestyle and attitudes, media consumption habits (including TV, radio, newspapers, magazines, cinema, catalogues, pay TV and the Internet), brand and product usage, purchase intentions, retail visitations, service provider preferences, financial information and recreation and leisure activities. This lead product is supported by a nationally networked, consultancy-orientated market research capability.
P: 03 9224 5332