Air Conditioning is seen more and more as a necessity in an Australian summer than a luxury. Baratech Air Conditioning have been installing and servicing air conditioning within Sydney for over 30 years, however as electricity costs rise, so does the ongoing running costs. Baratech have prepared these quick tips to help minimise the average household running costs and still keep your home and family cool this summer:
- For every 1°C you lower your air conditioner, you increase your running costs by approximately 10%. Ideally you should set your thermostat on the system to a comfortable temperature of 23°C to 25°C and allow the system to maintain this temperature.
- Ensure that the cool air produced is not easily escaping. This means block off any rooms you don’t need to be cooling, seal any holes or leaks and use doorway snakes to trap cool air in.
- Use block out shutters or blinds. Most heat within a room will come from the windows so blocking these as best you can ensures your air conditioner can efficiently reach and maintain the cool room temperature for as long as possible.
- Install insulation within the home. This is a great way to ensure cool air doesn’t escape whilst blocking out heat at the same time.
- Service your Air Conditioner regularly whether it is ducted air conditioning or a split system air conditioner. This point cannot be emphasised enough. Your air conditioner will run at its peak efficiency if it is serviced regularly. Having a qualified air conditioner mechanic service your unit once a year will help ensure there are no refrigerant leaks, coil damage, filter blockages, duct leakage and general wear and tear.
For more information on installing or servicing your home air conditioner please visit Baratech Air Conditioning - baratech.com.au.
Baratech Air Conditioning is at the top of their industry in NSW. As specialists in the design and construction of mechanical ventilation systems and commercial, industrial and home air conditioning, we have set the bar for Integrity, Service, Quality and Excellence in the HVAC field. The Baratech ethic keeps us ahead of our competitors, and our specialist commercial, residential and service departments mean that you get the tailored expertise and attention that your air conditioning project requires. www.baratech.com.au