2014 is upon us already and the flood of international acts to our shores as a part of the Big Day Out, Soundwave and many smaller festivals is imminent. So why not get in the Summer festival spirit will some crafty music additions to your space?
“As someone who has always had an interest in music, I love decorating with anything related to my favourite artists, and I find it puts a real stamp of individuality on your home,” says Brianna O’Neil, Melbourne based homewares designer.
“Being crafty by framing gig posters, band photography or record covers or being creative with old ticket stubs,” says Ms. O’Neil, “could result in a memorable piece that you may not find on retail shelves.”
Brianna’s Top Five ways to decorate with music this year
1. Typographic Nick Cave art canvases from the home sweet hibernate “Iconic Musicians” range come ready to hang. They will also be stocking iconic musician cushions, mugs and other items in the coming year.
2. Be instrumental – Hang that statement vintage guitar to your wall for all to see.
3. Musical Chairs – pick up an old piece of furniture on eBay and cover it in a sheet music or band poster collage. A finish with sealing lacquer and it’s ready to use.
4. Side effects – Convert an old amp or speaker into a retro side table.
5. Know your place – use old or disused records as a cool alternative to placemats. This makes for great dinner party conversation.
More ways to decorate with music are available from www.styledbyhibernate.com.au/shop
Brianna O’Neil has twelve years of experience in the design industry in Australia and London having worked as a Graphic Designer, Homewares Designer and Property Stylist preparing homes for sale.
High res images and interviews available by request.
Ms. Brianna O’Neil