Tania has replaced the toxic chemicals in her home with essential oils and products containing these oils. She rubs the oils on her children's feet each night before they go to sleep.
"What I love hearing as a parent is 'Your children are so calm and happy, Tania!' (I admit, extracting them from swimming pools is another issue). My secret? It's not luck. I think it's the amount of exposure they have to Young Living essential oils and products. I even include lemon oiI in a lemon bake I put in the kids' lunch box.
"I wear these oils as perfume and diffuse them in my office and at home using ultrasonic diffusers, so everyone I come into contact with can gain their powerful benefits."
Tania doesn't use oil burners because heating essential oils in oil burners damages the oils' properties.
"It robs the air of oxygen and adds sulphur, while diffusing them increases oxygen availability, produces negative ions and releases natural ozone," she says. "Some oils, such as lemon oil, will also destroy airborne germs and bacteria when diffused.
"The reason I only use and recommend Young Living essential oils is that I know they are pure and not synthetically made, and they work amazingly well!"
To check out some of the many Young Living oils and products Tania uses visit www.youngliving.org/taniabasheer.
You can also call Tania on (08) 8338 3134 or 0411 471 941 if you have any questions.
Situations arise every day where you can reach for medicines and products that contain potentially dangerous chemicals. With a handful of essential oils in your cupboard, you will eliminate the need for most over-the-counter (OTC) drugs you might be using currently.
Here are 10 great 'first aid' uses for essential oils:
1. Cuts and scrapes: Why reach for OTC antiseptic creams when you can rely on the antiseptic properties of lavender oil? The French scientist Rene Gattefosse was the first to discover lavender's ability to promote tissue regeneration and speed wound healing when he severely burned his arm in a laboratory accident.
2. Sore throats: Replace sugar-laden throat lozenges with lemon oil. Add a drop to a cup of hot water with some honey and you not only relieve the sore throat but stay hydrated at the same time.
3. Stomach aches, heartburn and/or nausea and vomiting: You can substitute chemical antacids with a drop of peppermint oil - either straight on your tongue, in a glass of water or rubbed directly on the stomach (I combine it with lavender oil first on my children's stomachs, or you can dilute it with a little vegetable oil) or rub it into the soles of their feet. Peppermint oil rubbed onto the stomach or a drop on a tissue in the car will also prevent car sickness and alleviate vomiting. A drop of lemon oil on the tongue works well for heartburn too.
4. Fevers: Most people don't think twice about reaching for Tylenol when their child has a fever, but there is an alternative to such potentially liver-damaging drugs. One drop ofpeppermint oil on the bottom of a child's foot every hour will also bring their temperature down.
5. Mosquito and other bug bites: We all know of the dangers present in most bug sprays. Bugs hate the smell of Purification oil (a blend of citronella, lemongrass, lavandin, rosemary, melaleuca and myrtle). As well as acting as a bug repellent when rubbed on the skin, it can be used to soothe and disinfect skin if you forgot to wear it as a bug repellent and have a sore, itchy bite. You can also dilute the oil in water and spray it onto clothes or bedding. An added bonus is you can put the kids to bed without worrying about washing the spray off, and keep them protected overnight.
6. Stress and anxiety: Whether it's normal everyday stress or a full-blown meltdown, Peace and Calming oil (a blend of blue tansy, patchouli, tangerine, orange and ylang ylang) will take the edge off the moment. This can be diffused, rubbed over the heart, or also works wonders rubbed on the feet - for kids and adults alike to aid a peaceful sleep. I also love using Young Living's Stress Away roll-on, which will also be available from January in Australia in a 15 ml bottle for diffusing.
7. Headaches and other aches and pains: Stop using liver-damaging Ibuprofen! Rub a few drops of Panaway oil (a blend of helichrysm, wintergreen, clove and peppermint) directly onto the painful spot.
8. Menstrual cramps and moodiness: From teenage girls to women, anyone who experiences menstrual difficulties knows it's not fun! (Of course, the guys in the house usually don't find it fun either!) For dealing with the physical pain of cramps, many women report thatpeppermint oil, PanAway oil and the Deep Relief roll-on all will all stop or greatly reduce menstrual pain. Another blend called Dragon Time (clary sage, lavender, jasmine, fennel, marjoram and yarrow) helps considerably with the emotional swings and PMS many girls and women experience.There is also a beautiful Dragon Time Bath and Shower Gel!
9. Immune system booster: When was the last time your entire family went through winter (or summer for that matter) without colds and flus? Use Thieves oil (a blend of the highly antiviral, antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-infectious essential oils, clove, lemon, cinnamon bark, eucalyptus and rosemary) as a powerful immune booster and protector. Rub into feet daily and diffuse to destroy airborne germs and bacteria. The Thieves blend was developed after historical research showed how a band of thieves during the great plague of Europe avoided getting sick while robbing graves because they doused themselves in this powerful set of oils and spices.
10. Eczema, rashes and sunburn: Young Living's LavaDerm Cooling Mist (containing lavender essential ol and aloe vera) will instantly stop sunburn pain naturally and help promote healing. This product soothes and rejuvenates stressed skin so can assist with any other painful skin conditions including burns, itching skin, and rashes including heat and nappy rash and eczema.
For more business and life coaching tips to help you achieve your goals and create and live the life you've always wanted, visit www.blueskycoaching.com.au. To find out more about how you can work with Tania personally, call 0411 471 941 or (08) 8338 3134 or e-mail [email protected]