The City of Salisbury’s full program for the 2014 Salisbury Secret Garden event was unveiled at this morning’s Mayor’s Christmas Breakfast.
Salisbury Secret Garden will transform the city centre into the Fringe Hub for the north of Adelaide between 21 to 28 February. The program is jam-packed with exciting, peculiar and professional performances from a diverse range of genres including comedy, opera, theatre, cabaret, children’s shows and even buskers – all located within a 250-metre radius.
Some of the highlights of the Secret Garden program include:
• International performers from the Edinburgh Comedy Festival.
• ENOUGH?! staring Eleanor and Ruth Blythman. Eleanor is fresh from performing in Phantom of the Opera at London’s West End.
• As part of its 40-year anniversary, Marie Clark Musical Theatre is presenting From Stage and Screen – a collection of favourite songs from shows past and future.
• Mopoke Theatre Productions in association with Co-Opera are performing The old Maid and the Thief.
• The play Mummy will make its Australian premiere.
• Tony Roberts’ Card Magic will raise the bar of what should be expected of a card magician.
• Renowned Australian children’s entertainer Peter Combe, the Foenander Brothers and award-winning adult and children's ventriloquist Lindi Jane will perform.
Mayor’s Christmas Breakfast is an annual celebration that recognises success in the local community and builds pride and enthusiasm for the new year ahead. About 120 people attended the John Harvey Gallery for this morning’s event, including the 2013 Living Legends and Australia Day award recipients, local business owners, community representatives, invited dignitaries, Elected Members and Salisbury Mayor Gillian Aldridge.
“It was wonderful to see so many hard working, successful and proud Salisbury residents get together to celebrate a terrific year for the City of Salisbury,” Mayor Aldridge said. “Everyone present, and in the wider community, are very excited about the upcoming Salisbury Secret Garden event and could hardly put their programs down during today’s breakfast. Salisbury Secret Garden has everyone talking.”
To get your copy of the 2014 Salisbury Secret Garden program head into the Council offices at 12 James Street, Salisbury, visit us online at www.salisbury.sa.gov.au/ssg or ‘Like’ us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/salisburysecretgarden
Media enquiries: Craig Treloar, Senior Communications Officer: [email protected], 8406 8242.