As Christmas approaches we are faced with the panic of another year coming to an end. With the start of the Summer music festival season imminent there are plenty of ways to add a dash of cool this Festive Season.
“In my family we love our music and it really has transcended the generations,” says Brianna O’Neil, Melbourne based property styling expert and homewares designer.
“We integrate a new tradition into our Christmas almost every year,” says Ms. O’Neil, “and it almost always has a musical twist.”
“When it comes to gift giving, tickets to upcoming Summer shows are always popular,” she says. “But in a tough economic client, thinking outside the square with gift giving could save you money,”
“Being crafty by framing gig posters, band photography or record covers or being creative with old ticket stubs could result in a memorable gift that you may not find on retail shelves.”
Top Five O’Neil Family Christmas Rituals
- Give the gift of music with a twist – These typographic Nick Cave canvases from the home sweet hibernate “Iconic Musicians” range, contain every Bad Seeds lyric spanning the past three decades and come ready to hang. http://styledbyhibernate.com.au/product-category/home-sweet-hibernate-canvas-art/music/
- Create a Christmas soundtrack – Paul Kelly, The Pogues and the Pretenders all have iconic songs which are not traditional Christmas carols.
- Play Music Trivia – pick up a cheap whiteboard from Officeworks and you are ready for a game of music Pictionary. If you are more organised you can play “Guess the song” or “pick the artist”. Mix up the genres so everyone can get involved. Warning – this can be highly addictive.
- It’s how you package it – old band posters and street press can be recycled and used as wrapping paper. Get creative! Don’t discount musical ornaments for the tree.
- Play! We are not all musically inclined but if someone in your family is, make sure they bring a guitar to show off their skills.
More rockin’ Christmas gift ideas are available from www.styledbyhibernate.com.au/shop
Brianna O’Neil has twelve years of experience in the design industry in Australia and London having worked as a Graphic Designer, Homewares Designer and Property Stylist preparing homes for sale.
home sweet hibernate online shop
home sweet hibernate is the online store for styled by hibernate. We sell canvas designer art and other homewares.
P: 0402 480 808
Brianna O'NeilP: 0402 480 808