Melbourne – AVG Technologies has announced a number of updates to its flagship AVG PrivacyFixTM application that helps users manage the latest changes to privacy settings made by popular social networks like Facebook® and Google®. The updates come at a time when public awareness of the issues around privacy, safety and cyber-bullying on social networks is high.
AVG PrivacyFix, which was recently voted among MSN’s top 50 Android apps, has recently been updated in response to Google’s recent Shared Endorsements update which uses Google users’ reviews and +1 in advertisements. For those Google users who don’t wish to have their interactions used for advertising, AVG PrivacyFix makes it simple to manage their Google endorsements settings from the AVG PrivacyFix dashboard.
The most recent AVG PrivacyFix update also addresses recent changes to Facebook policy which allows information on a minor’s profile to be shared publicly with the introduction of the Graph Search feature which launched in the United States in August and is set to roll out in the United Kingdom this the coming weeks. In conjunction with the AVG CrowdControlTM feature which was released in September this year, AVG PrivacyFix users have a quick and easy way of managing their Facebook audience to ensure that they are only sharing information with those they wish to.
“AVG PrivacyFix displays the current privacy settings on the user’s social networks and makes suggestions on changes they can implement. Available to download for free for both desktop computers and mobile phones, AVG PrivacyFix adds an important layer of protection for today’s busy digital lifestyle.”
About AVG PrivacyFix and CrowdControl
AVG PrivacyFix is a free application that puts control of a consumer’s personal online privacy back in their hands. Available for PC, mobile and tablet, it allows people to check, manage and personalize their privacy settings across popular sites such as Facebook, Google, LinkedIn®, and across websites in general, all from one easy-to-use central control panel. Key features include:
- A personal privacy dashboard, available when you want it, on your phone, tablet and computer.
- The ability to keep your privacy up to date, as PrivacyFix lets you know when settings change or new settings need review.
- A warning feature that alerts you before you give your Facebook data to Facebook apps that don't provide privacy assurances.
- Keeping loved ones private by showing you when their Facebook profiles may be exposed.
- Information that helps you understand who's collecting data about you and what your data may be worth to Facebook and Google.
AVG CrowdControl is designed to make Facebook experiences safer by customising who can view a status, videos and photos posted on a personal timeline. Fully integrated into users’ Facebook profiles, AVG CrowdControl scans users’ Facebook profiles and organises their friends based on with whom they interact most and creates custom lists that allow users to control with whom they share.
- Download AVG PrivacyFix application for PC, mobile and tablet: http://www.privacyfix.com/start/install
- Find out more about AVG PrivacyFix: http://www.avg.com/gb-en/privacyfix
- Hear Jim Brock talk about privacy and the digital world: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiLLTnYxgng&feature=youtube
- Download our free eBooks:
- An Online Safety Guide for Parents: http://www.avg.com/ebooks/guide-for-parents
- Little Bird: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/little-bird/id448923255?mt=8
- Parent’s Guide to Early Years Online: http://www.avg.com/ebooks/digital-early-years#.UnKkLWVFDIU
AVG Technologies AU
About AVG Technologies N.V. (NYSE: AVG)
AVG is the leading provider of software services to secure devices, data and people. AVG’s award-winning consumer portfolio includes internet security, performance optimization, location services, data controls and insights, and privacy and identity protection, for mobile devices and desktops. The AVG Business portfolio, delivered through a global partner network, provides cloud security and remote monitoring and management (RMM) solutions that protect small and medium businesses around the world. For more information visit www.avg.com.
P: 02 9418 8100
M: 0419 415 301