IRVINE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division (Toshiba --www.telecom.toshiba.com) and BREK Communications Inc. (www.BREKCom.com), an Authorized Toshiba Dealer, has helped Rickmar Properties (www.Rickmarprop.com) exceed its communication goals with a new VIPedge? cloud-based business telephone solution.
A family business, Rickmar Properties specializes in the development, construction, management and leasing of retail, office and industrial space. Founded in the late 1960s, Rickmar Properties has been responsible for the development and construction of more than 4 million square feet of retail, office and industrial space in 15 states. Rickmar Properties is based in Newport Beach, Calif.
Rick Piani, president of Rickmar Properties, decided it was time for a new business telephone solution when moving the Newport Beach headquarters to a new building. He specified communications objectives, which include:
- Improving communication with their clients and other five offices throughout the United States;
- Utilizing a reliable, fully featured cloud solution rather than having an on-site system;
- Providing a "follow-me" feature so that incoming office calls could automatically be routed to the user's cell phone, with the appearance of Caller ID;
- Enabling users to remotely self-administrate the telephones to save time and money;
- Ensuring survivability should a system go down; and
- Providing a reliable business telephone solution that was affordable while delivering cutting-edge technology features with a fast return on investment.
Dennis Brunning and Glen Ekstrom, owners of BREK Communications Inc. of Garden Grove, Calif., recommended Toshiba's VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution.
"We knew that Toshiba's VIPedge would enable everyone at Rickmar Properties to communicate more effectively, plus it would help them save money every month. In fact, the new VIPedge solution costs less than it would have cost to move and use the old system," Brunning said. BREK Communications has been an Authorized Toshiba Dealer since 2009.
Solution: Toshiba's VIPedge Delivers Affordable, Reliable Cloud Telephony
Installed and serviced by BREK Communications Inc., Rickmar Properties' new business telephone solution consists of:
- Toshiba's VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution;
- Toshiba large-display telephones;
- Toshiba's "Find-me Follow-me" application to route office calls to users' mobile phones; and
- Enterprise Manager for simple, browser-based administration and remote management.
"With Toshiba's VIPedge, our users are empowered to communicate more effectively, be more efficient, and have greater access to our customers, partners and each other," said Piani. "Thanks to Toshiba and BREK Communications, we are saving $6,000 each year on our telephone services, and we have a reliable, feature-rich cloud solution."
Result #1: Affordable, Richly Featured System Improves Communication
Toshiba's VIPedge met Rickmar Properties' requirement for an affordable, richly featured cloud-based business telephone solution that helped improve communication both internally and externally.
Result #2: "Find-me Follow-me" App Routes Calls to Users' Mobile Phones
Toshiba's "Find-me Follow-me" application automatically routes incoming office calls to the users' mobile phones with the appearance of Caller ID. This means users can see who is calling and can answer important telephone calls quickly and easily. Routing calls to the users' mobile phones also reduces the need to otherwise retrieve and return voice messages, improving customer service and saving time. This feature can easily be turned on and off by the individual users.
Result #3: Enterprise Manager for Browser-based, Remote Administration
With Toshiba's browser-based Enterprise Manager, users can remotely make moves, adds, changes and other updates to their IP telephones. Changes can quickly and easily be made from virtually anywhere there's Internet access.
Bottom Line: Toshiba's VIPedge Delivers Yearly Cost Savings to Rickmar Properties While Improving Communication
Toshiba's VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution exceeded Rickmar Properties' communications objectives, including delivering an annual cost savings of more than $6,000 over their previous telecom service costs by eliminating costly hard lines and an aging PBX system. Bottom-line benefits include:
- "Find-me Follow-me" mobility features, which automatically forwards office calls to users' mobile phones, with the appearance of Caller ID;
- Improved internal and external communications for the users;
- Durable, easy-to-use and intuitive large-display telephones;
- No need for service calls for an antiquated telephone system on-site;
- Software and system updates that are done by Toshiba, so the solution is consistently updated with the latest features;
- Consistent pricing every month in a single invoice; and
- Savings of $500 per month over their previous telecom service costs, for an annual savings of $6,000. This was accomplished by reducing long distance costs between sites and consolidating all billing to one invoice per month rather than six different phone bills.
VIPedge Cloud-based Business Telephone System Overview
Toshiba's VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution gives users the features, functionality, quality, service and reliability for which Toshiba's telephone systems are known, all in the cloud. VIPedge allows companies to pay a monthly service fee -- scalable to meet system size and usage needs -- as an alternative to the capital purchase of an on-premises telephone system. Available from Authorized Toshiba Dealers nationwide, Toshiba's VIPedge pricing starts as low as $24.99 per user per month.
For more information on Toshiba's VIPedge, visit: http://www.telecom.toshiba.com/Products/VIPedge-Cloud-Based-Telephone-Solution/
For an Authorized Toshiba Dealer, visit: www.telecom.toshiba.com
About Toshiba America Information Systems Inc.
Telecommunication Systems Division
Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. Telecommunication Systems Division is one of the three business units of Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. (TAIS) and offers business communication solutions for SMB enterprises and enterprises with multi-site or regional locations. Toshiba's VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution supports up to 500 users, and the IPedge and Strata CIX systems support from 8 to 1,000 users and offer Voice over IP, voice mail and unified messaging, conferencing and collaboration, unified communications applications, networking, mobility and more. Together with Toshiba's PCs, tablets, copiers, and surveillance video cameras/recorders, Toshiba's Telecommunication Systems Division helps enterprises maximize business efficiency in communications and mobility. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. For more information, visit www.Telecom.Toshiba.com.
Toshiba Corporation is a world-leading diversified manufacturer, solutions provider and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products and systems. Toshiba Group brings innovation and imagination to a wide range of businesses: digital products, including LCD TVs, notebook PCs, retail solutions and MFPs; electronic devices, including semiconductors, storage products and materials; industrial and social infrastructure systems, including power generation systems, smart community solutions, medical systems and escalators & elevators; and home appliances. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 590 consolidated companies, with 206,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 5.8 trillion yen (US$61 billion). Visit Toshiba's web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
© 2013 Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. All rights reserved. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including, without limitation, product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2443470