The deadline for entries to the UNAA Media Awards 2013 now closes at 5.00pm, Thursday 5 September. The Awards recognise the role of the media in promoting social justice and humanitarian issues as well as generating awareness within communities that leads to public debate and policy change.
Journalists and producers whose work has appeared in the Australian public media between 2 September 2012 and 30 August 2013 are encouraged to nominate now.
MAJOR AWARD CATEGORIES:
• Current Affairs
• Feature / Documentary
SPECIAL AWARD CATEGORIES:
• Promotion of Aboriginal Reconciliation
• Promotion of Multicultural Issues
• Increasing Awareness and Understanding of Women’s Rights and Issues
• Increasing Awareness and Understanding of Children’s Rights and Issues
• Promotion of Positive Images of the Older Person
Winners of the 2013 Media Awards will be announced at the Awards Presentation Dinner to be held at the Grand Hyatt Melbourne on Friday 18 October. We invite the Australian community to join us at this gala event to celebrate the outstanding achievements of this year’s winners and finalists.
For more information including entry criteria and nomination forms please visit: www.unaavictoria.org.au
or contact the UNAA Victoria office on (03) 9670 7878 or firstname.lastname@example.org