- imo.im -- the leading all-in-one communication and social discovery platform -- now lets its 10+ million app users video call with friends and family across the world for free.
- imo makes it easy to connect via video calls on Android, iPhone and iPad devices by using Wi-Fi, 3G, 4G or LTE Internet connections.
- To start a new video call, just find the contact you want to chat with and choose the video icon right beside their name.
- Video calling is just another way to communicate on-the-go with imo. In addition to the imo core platform allowing you to connect across nine third-party IM networks, mobile apps let you:
- Use the group chat feature to keep everyone in the loop on Friday night's plans
- Send quick voice and multimedia messages
- Carry on conversations from desktop to mobile when running out the door
- The announcement comes on the heels of imo's Broadcasts launch -- a new social discovery feature that lets you discover and connect with people and groups on topics you care about to build relationships and spark discussions.
"Our customers love to stay connected," says CEO Ralph Harik. "Whether it's sharing life's moments over video with distant family, or sending a quick voice message to a friend, the launch of video calls further demonstrates our commitment to letting our users dictate how they want to communicate."
imo is a communication and social discovery platform that connects you to your friends and introduces you to new people and topics you care about. Free on the Web, Android, iPhone and iPad, imo has more than eight million mobile downloads and 750,000 unique daily visitors delivering an average of 20 million messages per day. imo supports both private and group chat with the ability to share multimedia files and photos with groups, send voice messages and text IMs, conduct quick chat history searches and hold simultaneous sessions allowing users to seamlessly switch between desktop, mobile and tablet devices without losing conversations.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2390456
Katherine Walters, SHIFT Communications