Special Registration Fee Offered for Fall Congress in New York
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwired) -- Schwartz Tilson Information, Inc. today released highlights from the 8th Annual Spring Value Investing Congress, which was held for the first time in Las Vegas on May 6th and 7th. With hundreds of investors in attendance and an expanded format, this spring's conference offered an engaging platform for some of the world's top hedge fund managers to deliver unique stock picks and other investment ideas.
The following are highlights from the conference:
- David Nierenberg of D3 Family Funds presented his long thesis on Rosetta Stone, for which he sees considerable upside.
- Steve Romick of First Pacific Advisors made the case for Microsoft, Oracle and Cisco, which he believes are trading at attractive valuations. He also presented a sum-of-the parts valuation look at Occidental petroleum.
- Mark Boyar of Boyar Value Group made the case for Weight Watchers, which he believes is positioned to capitalize on growth in the weight management segment.
- Joe Altman and Chris Kyriopoulos of COMPOUND Capital Management made a case for Nathan's, the number one premium hot dog brand in the US.
- Chris Mittleman of Mittleman Brothers presented a bullish case on Revlon, which he believes has significant upside.
"The feedback we've received from attendees confirmed what we had hoped: the speaker lineup, the new format, and our location in Las Vegas worked in concert to elevate the Congress even further," said John L. Schwartz, M.D., co-founder and chairman of Schwartz Tilson Information. "The quality and breadth of our speakers' ideas and stock picks were remarkable. They set a high bar for future events, and we intend to continue delivering."
Continued Schwartz, "It was such a pleasure to see so many bright investors come together to gain insights, catch up with friends and colleagues, and make new connections."
The next Value Investing Congress -- the East Coast's 9th -- will be held in New York City on September 16th and 17th. Confirmed speakers include:
- Mark A. Boyar, Boyar Value Group
- Carl Chen, Temple Honor Asia Fund
- Guy Gottfried, Rational Investment Group
- Mick McGuire, Marcato Capital Management
- Christopher Mittleman, Mittleman Brothers
- Alexander Roepers, Atlantic Investment Management
- Rahul Saraogi, Atyant Capital
- David Shapiro, Vanshap Capital
- Jeff Ubben, ValueAct Capital
- Evan Vanderveer, Vanshap Capital
For a limited time, Schwartz Tilson Information is offering a registration fee of $2,595, more than $2000 off the standard fee. Registrants should visit www.ValueInvestingCongress.com/VICNEWYORK and use offer code N13PR before the offer expires on May 31st.
Additional speakers and information will be announced in the coming months. For updates, visit ValueInvestingCongress.com.
the Value Investing Congress
John L. Schwartz, MD and Whitney Tilson established the Value Investing Congress in 2004 so that passionate value investors -- disciples of Graham, Dodd, Buffett and Munger -- can meet and learn from one another and achieve even greater investment success. Schwartz, CEO and Chairman of the Value Investing Congress, is the founder and former CEO of Continuing Medical Education, Inc., the highly successful medical information company. Tilson, one of the country's best known value investors, is Chairman Emeritus of the Value Investing Congress and co-founder of Value Investor Insight.
More information on the upcoming 8th Annual Spring Value Investing Congress is available at ValueInvestingCongress.com.
P: (212) 784-5702