Free App Provides Access to Clients' Commercial Buildings From Virtually Anywhere
CHATSWORTH, CA -- (Marketwired) -- HVAC contractors and installers can remotely monitor, control and troubleshoot their commercial clients' ColorTouch thermostats using the free mobile app on their mobile devices. Available from Venstar®, a leading thermostat and energy management systems supplier, the mobile app gives contractors and installers remote access to their clients' ColorTouch thermostats from virtually anywhere they have Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G, or Internet connections via Skyport™ Cloud Services.
"Using Venstar's free mobile app, HVAC contractors and installers are empowered to remotely provide customer service for Venstar's ColorTouch thermostat with Wi-Fi Key," said Steve Dushane, president and CEO, Venstar Inc. "This lets them remotely troubleshoot issues from virtually anywhere there is Wi-Fi, 3G, 4G or Internet connection. This may eliminate the time and cost to do an on-site customer visit while still allowing the ability to quickly respond to customer issues."
The ColorTouch commercial mobile app allows HVAC contractors to remotely monitor and control up to 100 locations over the Internet using Venstar's Skyport Cloud Services. Multiple people can control thermostats at the same location(s) individually from their mobile devices.
Once a Skyport Cloud account is created online, HVAC contractors and installers can use the free mobile app on their mobile devices or directly from the Web to:
- Instantly access up to 100 commercial locations;
- Easily monitor and control comfort settings at multiple buildings and office locations, including monitoring room temperature, supply air temperature, outdoor air temperature, run-time hours, and more;
- View incoming alerts via email on pre-configured notifications, such as important updates on the health of the system or simply if the inside temperature has gone above or below pre-set limits;
- Monitor thermostat information, including system run times and current usage, for each thermostat at all locations;
- View a pictorial display of the current weather and weather forecast for all thermostat locations;
- Schedule holidays for up to 365 days of each year, including reoccurring unoccupied days so that the thermostat can be changed to "unoccupied" settings during those periods;
- Prevent unauthorized use by auto-screen lock or set-point limiting; and
- Send text messages from the mobile device to the thermostat display, such as reminders and notes.
ColorTouch Commercial Thermostat
The ColorTouch programmable commercial thermostat is multi-functional, simple-to-use and richly featured. Its programmable scheduler keeps occupied periods comfortable while reducing energy use for unoccupied periods. Its humidity control keeps indoor environments comfortable. Its full-color touch screen can be set up to display company logos, ads and promotions as well as a picture gallery of up to 100 files to be used as a slideshow. Compatible with virtually every type of commercial heating and air conditioning system, ColorTouch can be configured to display one of three languages: English, French or Spanish.
Compatible with Apple iPhone®, iTouch®, iPad®, BlackBerry®, Android™, Mac and PC devices, the ColorTouch thermostat with Skyport Wi-Fi Key is priced under $250 (estimated end-user cost).
Founded in 1992, Venstar Inc. is a leading thermostat and energy management system (EMS) supplier, known for providing value to its customers via ease of use and installation, proven cost savings, improved energy efficiency, quality and reliability. Venstar is one of the largest thermostat suppliers in the world and designs and produces Venstar-branded products, as well as OEM thermostat products for the biggest names in HVAC. Venstar's Surveyor is a leading energy management system, typically saving small-box retailers 25 percent of their energy costs, which translates to millions of dollars in savings and dramatic reductions in C02 emissions. Surveyor currently controls the energy usage of more than 15,000 retail locations across the United States, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
Visit Venstar: www.venstar.com
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2273456
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2273458