IRVINE, CA -- (Marketwired)-- Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division (Toshiba -- www.telecom.toshiba.com) has helped Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority (JPHSA -- www.jphsa.org) meet its communication goals with a new IPedge® business telephone system. With locations in Westbank and Eastbank, La., JPHSA provides management and direction of service provision to nearly half a million people and their families affected by mental illness, substance abuse and developmental disabilities in the greater New Orleans area.
JPHSA's network administrator Manh Nguyen identified the need for a business telephone system that would meet the organization's goal of improving service to its clients. Objectives included:
- Network JPHSA's two locations, providing direct-extension dialing and redundancy for system failover;
- Enable Caller ID for all users;
- Utilize unified communications for appropriate employees;
- Deliver voice mail with unified messaging capabilities for all employees;
- Provide a robust auto attendant that empowers callers to quickly reach the right department, with an option for emergency calls;
- Provide Unified Call Distribution (UCD) to easily and equally allow staff to answer incoming calls; and
- Reduce overall communications costs.
Authorized Toshiba Dealer Preferred Data Voice Networks (www.pdvn.net) of Baton Rouge, La., installed and provides service and support for the system. Melissa Asevedo, vice president of operations for Preferred Data Voice Networks, recommended Toshiba's IPedge IP business telephone system for its reliability and features. Preferred Data Voice Networks has been an Authorized Toshiba Dealer since 1982.
Solution: Toshiba's IPedge Delivers High Reliability
Installed by Preferred Data Voice Networks, JPHSA's Toshiba business telephone system consists of:
- Two IPedge EC IP business telephone systems;
- IPedge Net to network the locations together;
- Redundancy between the two systems for failover protection;
- 46 trunk licenses for two PRIs coming in via the Adtran Gateway, per site;
- Overhead paging for JPHSA's Westbank location;
- Toshiba IP telephones for more than 200 users, 100+ per location;
- Call Manager™ unified communications client;
- Unified Messaging, enabling users to receive voice messages and faxes in their email inboxes;
- Enterprise Manager for remote system administration of both locations; and
- Centralized voice mail and auto attendant, which gives callers more options to reach the right person, including an emergency option.
Result #1: Improved Internal and External Communication
With the IPedge systems, JPHSA has improved both internal and external communications. By networking the two offices, employees can easily connect with each other using direct-extension dialing. The system's robust auto attendant helps callers quickly reach the right department. The UCD feature evenly distributes incoming calls to staff members.
Result #2: Virtually Unbeatable Reliability
Toshiba met JPHSA's need for high reliability. The IPedge systems process more than 87,000 monthly calls for the two locations and deliver virtually unbeatable reliability, which empowers staffers to communicate more effectively with clients, clients' families, the community and each other.
Result #3: Reduced Communication Costs by $19,000
By moving to Voice over IP, JPHSA eliminated expensive POTS lines and reduced costs by more than $19,000 annually. In addition, new capabilities, including unified messaging, unified communications, auto attendant, direct-extension dialing, Caller ID and more, has helped increase staff efficiency, resulting in improved client service.
Bottom Line: Toshiba's IPedge Systems Deliver Reliability, Cut Costs and Improve Client Service
Toshiba's IPedge Voice over IP telephone systems have met JPHSA's communications objectives, including:
- Cost savings of more than $19,000 annually;
- Virtually unbeatable reliability of Toshiba's IPedge systems;
- Networking of two locations via IPedge Net;
- Presence Management for all phones at either location using Call Manager desktop software;
- Paging to call users to parked calls or to waiting rooms;
- Centralized applications across all locations, including voice mail, auto attendant and remote administration;
- Reduced costs with IP phones that can be moved by simply plugging into another network jack without requiring system programming or a technician;
- Improved client service through a more robust auto attendant, including emergency connections; and
- The ability to grow and migrate to new communication technologies in the future.
Toshiba's IPedge business telephone system delivers multiple unified communications applications on a single Linux server, including call processing, voice mail and unified messaging, Call Manager unified communications, meet-me conferencing with Web collaboration and video, native SIP line and SIP trunk support, mobility, networking with other IPedge and/or Strata® CIX™ systems, centralized administration, survivability, and feature-rich telephone endpoints. It also includes Toshiba's IPMobility client application, delivering single-number reach to Apple® and Android™ smartphone devices for both incoming and outgoing calls.
For more information on Toshiba's IPedge, visit http://www.telecom.toshiba.com/Products/IPedge-IP-Telephone-System.cfm.
For an Authorized Toshiba Dealer, visit www.telecom.toshiba.com.
To subscribe to the Toshiba Telecom Blog, visit http://blog.telecom.toshiba.com/.
Follow us on Facebook (ToshibaPhoneSystems), Twitter (toshibaphonesys) and LinkedIn (Toshiba-telecommunication-systems-division).
Toshiba America Information Systems Inc.
Telecommunication Systems Division
Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. Telecommunication Systems Division is one of the three business units of Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. (TAIS) and offers business communication solutions for SMB enterprises and enterprises with multi-site or regional locations. Toshiba's VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution supports up to 500 users, and the IPedge and Strata CIX systems support from 8 to 1,000 users and offer Voice over IP, voice mail and unified messaging, conferencing and collaboration, unified communications applications, networking, mobility and more. Together with Toshiba's PCs, tablets, copiers, and surveillance video cameras/recorders, Toshiba's Telecommunication Systems Division helps enterprises maximize business efficiency in communications and mobility. For more information, visit www.Telecom.Toshiba.com.
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation, a world-leading diversified manufacturer, solutions provider and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products and systems. Toshiba was founded in 1875 and today operates a global network of more than 550 consolidated companies, with 202,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 6.1 trillion yen (US$74 billion). Visit Toshiba's Web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
© 2013 Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. All rights reserved. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including, without limitation, product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2271932