Ashley Furniture HomeStore Offers Five Creative, Functional Kids' Bedroom Ideas
ARCADIA, WI -- (Marketwire) -- Today's parents want flexible and functional furniture solutions that can take kids' rooms from toddler- to teen-friendly without the need for constant updates and costly overhauls. Of course, kids just want something that looks cool and reflects their personality.
So how do you make the most of your child's space while keeping everybody happy? With a little creativity and a few clever pieces, it may be easier than you think.
"With the right kids' bedroom solutions, you can add a touch of fun and function to any room," says Brenda Dillon, VP of Merchandising. "Today's kids' furniture includes innovative pieces and designs that are perfect for tucking away all the extras and keeping their bedrooms looking neat, organized and stylish."
Here are five ways to create a storage-friendly bedroom that they can grow into:
1. Smart beds. Loft beds are long-term pieces that take up less space and offer more flexibility as your kids grow. Put a bed underneath for small kids who are sharing a room -- or a desk, television, gaming area or seating space for a teenager. Trundle beds or poster beds with built-in storage underneath are also a great way to keep a room organized, while taking up less space.
2. Corner desk. These space savers are a smart solution for any child's room, even if they're too young for homework! They're perfect for smaller kids who love crafts and coloring, but can be transformed into a great workspace for older kids and teens. As they grow, hang a small chalkboard or corkboard squares around the desk for additional organizing space. Choose a corner desk with a storage stool to tuck away even more items.
3. Cool seating. Whether it's a retro-looking hanging chair, a big comfy bean bag, a stack of floor cushions, or a brightly colored saucer chair, this style of seating will take them from kindergarten to high school while providing them with a comfortable spot to read, play games and more.
4. Cubes/bookcases. The ultimate storage solutions, low-cost cubes or (even better) sturdy bookcases, are pieces that can be used to organize or display your child's favorite toys or collections when they're younger, and to hold books, electronics, trophies, and more as they grow.
5. Fun accessories. Rather than splashing the walls with crazy colors that they (and you!) will quickly outgrow, let them express themselves with a few relatively inexpensive accessories you can easily change out down the road. Whether it's a fuzzy fuchsia lamp, colorful bedding, a patterned area rug, or textured pillows -- accessories are a quick and simple way to add some warmth and flair to a room, while infusing some personality to the space. If they aren't budging on the hot-pink or fire-engine-red paint, consider using it on just one accent wall.
To learn more about the latest decorating trends, or to browse the hottest new furniture collections and accessories, visit AshleyFurnitureHomeStore.com.
Ashley Furniture HomeStore
Ashley Furniture HomeStore, the #1 furniture retailer in the United States, delivers quality, affordable furniture to customers at over 450 independently owned and operated locations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Japan. Ashley Furniture HomeStore is an exclusive provider of furniture from Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc., the largest furniture manufacturer in the United States.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2258746
P: (608) 323-3377