Brands Hatch Race Circuit Just 10 Minutes From Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel
LONDON -- (Marketwire) -- When it comes to motor- and bike racing, Kent isn't the destination that first comes to mind, but the location is home to one of the world's most iconic motor-racing venues, Brands Hatch. Just minutes away from Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel, the natural amphitheatre hosts top-billing races throughout the year, including six of the sport's biggest events.
Just a 10-minute drive from this Dartford, Kent hotel, Brands Hatch hosts a full calendar that includes the following highlights:
- Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship, 30 and 31 March: Watch reigning champ Gordon Shedden defend his title in a field of 25 competitors. The weekend ends with a reverse-grid spectacular.
- MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, 5, 6 and 7 April: Reigning champion Shakey Byrne goes head-to-head with triple-champ Ryuichi Kiyonari.
- DTM, 17, 18 and 19 May: This touring car series features V8-powered vehicles from Germany's big three: Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz.
- MCE Insurance British Superbike, 19, 20 and 21 July: One of the year's most popular events thrills with long straights, fast corners and an energetic Indy section.
- Dunlop MSA British Touring Cars, 12 and 13 October: The climax of the season, this is where the year's title is likely to be awarded.
- MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, 18, 19 and 20 October: Six racers compete for the championship.
Guests of this Bexleyheath luxury hotel can attend races throughout the year, and for those who want to get behind the wheel, Brands Hatch offers the opportunity to take a few laps around the track. For as little as £25, racing fans can strap into a Palmer Jaguar JP-LM Le Mans-style sports car, competition spec-rally car or Land Rover Defender for 15 minutes of thrilling twists and turns. For a full list of races and driving opportunities, visit www.brandshatch.co.uk/.
If one day of racing fulfills the need for speed, the area near this London hotel offers plenty of opportunities for exploration. At Bluewater, more than 330 local and international retailers are conveniently located under one roof; non-European visitors can enjoy shopping tax-free. History buffs can travel back to Tudor times at historic sites including the lovely Leeds Castle, inhabited by Henry VIII and his first wife, and Hever Castle, the childhood home of the former king's second wife Anne Boleyn. Those who'd rather experience modern times can catch the biggest acts in music and entertainment at the O2 Arena.
the Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel
Ideally located next to the A2 and M25, the Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel offers contemporary style and superb amenities just a short train ride from central London. Each of the 142 guest rooms at this luxury hotel features an en suite bathroom, ergonomically designed work area, high-speed Internet access, air-conditioning, coffee/tea service, flat-screen TV, laptop safe, 24-hour room service and beds outfitted with down mattress toppers and Egyptian-cotton linens. Guests looking for relaxation or rejuvenation can head to this hotel's fitness centre, heated indoor pool or sauna; spa treatments, including facials, massages and body treatments, are also available onsite. This Silver Accredited green-friendly hotel near Dartford is a top choice for meetings and events, with more than 6,800 square feet of function space. Gatherings on a smaller scale can take place at Planters Bar, serving cocktails in a quiet lounge setting; afternoon tea is offered daily. At Copper Restaurant, sample modern English fare and international wines; don't miss Sunday's carvery lunch. London's top attractions are all nearby, including more than 330 retailers at Bluewater shopping center, major concerts at O2 Arena, Shakespeare's birthplace at Stratford and much more. With rooms available from £ 79, the Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel is the perfect home-base for exploring all the area has to offer.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2254874
Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel